SmartPSS.JPG

New Feature, 'Target Detection'
Target.JPG

Can be used for 'real time detection', or 'Object Search'

Last edited:

Fenst

n3wb
Reaction score
It would be perfect, if you provide setup file or correct credentails, as I've got "Login fail,account or password is Incorrect !" error when use Username: dahuahelpdesk Password: dahua2018 ;)
UPD: login: CZEGUEST pass: CZEGUEST2018 also doesn't work

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you have a PIA service, try to connect from a different server (from Italy, it does work with the credentails you posted)

Fenst

n3wb
Reaction score
That works, thx!
For other people with same problems, here is the link to 986123_DH_SMARTPSS-Win64_ChnEng_IS_V2.003.0000001.0.R.191028 MEGA

UPD here is changelog:
Project Name SmartPSS
Version V2.003.0000001
Base Platform V2.003.0000000
Operation Platform Microsoft Windows XP/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10(32/64 bit)

New Function
1. Support video structuring, add target detection module, including real-time target detection (motor vehicle, non-motor vehicle, pedestrian), target attribute display, history record by condition, attribute export, video recording (playback, download)
2. support TPC device in the preview module for point temperature measurement
3. support machine non-human alarm, alarm type: human detection, motor vehicle detection, non-motor vehicle detection
4. support TPC alarm, alarm type: smoking detection alarm, call detection alarm
5. support alarm box
6. support CVI camera external alarm, alarm type: coaxial external alarm
7. optimize password input rules
8. Support the access control module to freeze the card user to report the information, and the multi-person opens the door to report the information.

Last edited:

sn37

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,
do have a version of SmartPSS that support Face Detect Feature? I cannot find feature in this Version like in this Image. I want to use it with NVR4208-8P-I face recognition NVR
SmartPSS.png

Please help me to find this version.

BR

sn37

n3wb
Reaction score
Use the NVR/camera not SmartPSS for that.
Thank you for your reply, I need to use it remotly. I Think SmartPSS will Help me to make Face Librarys.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All, I was hoping you can help me decide which to use. I have 10 Dahua SD59225UHNI PTZ cameras. I have been using sparingly smartpss and thinking about going to Blue Iris. What I am trying to find is a comparison or what does SmartPss offer over Blue Iris or visa versa? Can you help?. SmartPss isnt the most user friendly.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All, I was hoping you can help me decide which to use. I have 10 Dahua SD59225UHNI PTZ cameras. I have been using sparingly smartpss and thinking about going to Blue Iris. What I am trying to find is a comparison or what does SmartPss offer over Blue Iris or visa versa? Can you help?. SmartPss isnt the most user friendly.
Blue Iris will run circles around SmartPss. No contest.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
All depends on what you're trying to do. For simple viewing and playback using an existing NVR, SmartPSS works quite well.

As a stand alone full featured VMS to replace your NVR, BI is the clear choice as noted above

RubberDucky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
BI has a functional demo and SmartPSS is free so best would be to try them out and decide for yourself since liking one or the other is so use-case and user dependent.

I started with SmartPSS and then went to BI.
They are a toss-up imo, different ways of doing the same thing. BI has more configuration options if you need them. PSS has more features (Smart Detection, Face Detection, Heat maps, People/vehicle counting etc) if your camera supports them. I do miss Smart Detection of people vs vehicles. BI's UI3 interface is nice, maybe it's best feature. BI uses more CPU but SmartPSS uses more GPU. I've experienced crashes with PSS but not yet with BI.

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BI has a functional demo and SmartPSS is free so best would be to try them out and decide for yourself since liking one or the other is so use-case and user dependent.

I started with SmartPSS and then went to BI.
They are a toss-up imo, different ways of doing the same thing. BI has more configuration options if you need them. PSS has more features (Smart Detection, Face Detection, Heat maps, People/vehicle counting etc) if your camera supports them. I do miss Smart Detection of people vs vehicles. BI's UI3 interface is nice, maybe it's best feature. BI uses more CPU but SmartPSS uses more GPU. I've experienced crashes with PSS but not yet with BI.
I have both, ive been using smartpss as I have ptz cameras. They do support facial, heat, people, vehicles, etc... I intially started with BI but could never view any camera without major choppy video. Never could get the exact camera settings although many people are using same cameras with BI. Smartpss seems to have some video stream it uses that allows for great real time viewing of 20 or more cameras.... Im sure BI works and its feature rich however I only have time to learn the nuances of one program not two... Which is the reason I thought to ask here. I really appreciate this info... It makes it easier, eventually in time I will learn both well...

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
At least, 'Target Detection'.... The build seems the same, the date is newer (should also be available on dahua international official web site)

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What did they fix or add? New features? Im about ready to move to BI... Due to all the bugginess of Smartpss

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Mine, is in English ... did you check the language, before installing ?

PSS.JPG

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I installed the file from the link in post #13. The unzipped install file has EN in its name. I tried to run it but can't get past the security question page.
pss-ch.jpg

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's odd, in the drop-down menù, there is only English, as available option

PSS2.JPG