New SmartPSS win64

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using SmartPSS in place of an NVR ? Or just as a viewer?

SGCSECURE

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you using SmartPSS in place of an NVR ? Or just as a viewer?
Just as a viewer . I dont have an NVR yet . But i have installed before 2-3 min that software Amcrest 2.0 beta with the same problems . After that i installed the Amcrest+Surveillance+Pro+Setup+V1.14.1.R.20161018 and i see all the cameras without problems

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I don’t have the latest release but typically when you see that it’s either a problem with the network/machine not being able to handle too many high res streams at once (as @usaf_pride ) was getting at), or a corrupt installation as @Ratfink11 mentioned a few posts back.

Make sure you are looking at the sub stream on each camera

SGCSECURE

n3wb
Reaction score
I don’t have the latest release but typically when you see that it’s either a problem with the network/machine not being able to handle too many high res streams at once (as @usaf_pride ) was getting at), or a corrupt installation as @Ratfink11 mentioned a few posts back.

Make sure you are looking at the sub stream on each camera
All the cameras are at the sub stream . i dont know why but only 2 working ( and its the same ) at Amcrest 2.0 beta and SMARTPSS-Win64_ChnEng_IS_V2.003.0000001.0.R.191028 and SMARTPSS-Win64_En_IS_V2.003.0000001.0.R.200330 .

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All the cameras are at the sub stream . i dont know why but only 2 working ( and its the same ) at Amcrest 2.0 beta and SMARTPSS-Win64_ChnEng_IS_V2.003.0000001.0.R.191028 and SMARTPSS-Win64_En_IS_V2.003.0000001.0.R.200330 .
disable the 2 that are working and see if the 2 that aren't start working. Are you sure that you are logged into the camera (correct username/password)?

SGCSECURE

n3wb
Reaction score
disable the 2 that are working and see if the 2 that aren't start working. Are you sure that you are logged into the camera (correct username/password)?
If i will send u an image you will see that all the cameras are online. But when i am going to Live only the same 2 working
Yes i delete them but nothing . The cameras ( all of them ) working only with the old software Amcrest+Surveillance+Pro+Setup+V1.14.1.R.20161018

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
What's odd, the above "select language" menu is not popping up as an option during installation. Mine is still installing in Chinese.
FINALLY, somebody else is having this problem. It's not that I wish it on you, it's that everybody else on this thread must have thought I'm crazy. I tried deleting old files and registry keys with no success. I finally just went back to an earlier version of win64 smartPss that did install correctly in English. It has annoying bugs that might be fixed in the newer version. If you figure out the solution, please post it!

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I also tried to switch language from the setting menu within the smart pss, that part of the menu is grayed out.
Ditto for me. Sounds like we went down the same path and hit the same brick wall. I'm running win7. The really weird thing is that I tried the install on a win10 machine that's never has smartPss installed and it does the same thing with no language screen and chinese only.

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If i will send u an image you will see that all the cameras are online. But when i am going to Live only the same 2 working
Yes i delete them but nothing . The cameras ( all of them ) working only with the old software Amcrest+Surveillance+Pro+Setup+V1.14.1.R.20161018
What model number camera do you have?
Can you view the image by directly going to the web page?
My bet is there different encoding, bit rate, or some other issue that is causing issues.
If you can relocate one of the working cameras to a non-working location and see if that works, that would eliminate a wiring issue.

Midway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Might have found a solution. they released a version 2 days ago that seems to fix the language problem. With that said, the English version has a major problem. I have 27 DVR's with about 300+ cameras on the system. According to spec's the smart pss can support 256 devices (dvr, nvr's etc.) , and up to 2000 Channels (cameras). The English version does not support 2000 Channels per spec's. When I load my devices within 3-5 min I get an exceeding channels limitation message then the smart pss sign-off from all the devices. I know the total number of channels on my network including the spare channels does not go over 2000.

Interestingly enough, the Chinese installation seems to work fine on my network. Definitely, I didn't experience any channel limitation issues with the same software version when installed in Chinese.
Dahua needs to fix this bug.
Do you have a link and version number?

I had downloaded DH_SMARTPSS-Win64_En_IS_V2.003.0000001.0.R.200330 but am waiting for more than one positive review before installing it.

Thanks

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Quickie report on version v2.003.0000001.0 dated 4-13-2020. As background, I was unable to use v2.003.0000001.0 dated 3-30-2020 because it did not offer language selection and installed only in chinese. As a result I've been running v2.003.0000000.0 dated 8-02-2019 which did offer english as an install option.

The new 4-13-2020 version like its predecessor did not offer the language selection screen during installation. As an experiment, I installed it on top of the 8-02-2019 version without first removing it. The 4-12-2020 version installed in english. I do not know if this was because it detected english from the older version or if it would have done that by itself anyway.

Bugs I knew about in the 8-02-2019 version:
1. Only one IVS rule per camera displayed during live view or playback.
2. Cannot single step through an IVS event.
3. Reverse playback does not work.

In this latest version, bug #1 is fixed, #2 and #3 are not. Overall, the 64 bit version runs a lot smoother than the 32 bit version, places less load on the CPU, and does not have the annoying trait of continually switching itself to high priority. Every time I've looked it's set to low priority.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The new smartPss version I loaded is doing something very annoying: It's saving a snapshot for every IVS trigger and filling up the disk. I can't find a way to shut it off. Does anybody here know how to shut this off?

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good morning.
I have installed the latest version of SmartPSS, and I am not able to find how to change the language to the software, instead, inside the installation folders there is a language folder, in which there are many languages.

In the installation I have only been given the option of English. Is there any way to change the language? Thank you.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning.
I have installed the latest version of SmartPSS, and I am not able to find how to change the language to the software, instead, inside the installation folders there is a language folder, in which there are many languages.

In the installation I have only been given the option of English. Is there any way to change the language? Thank you.
It's under System Configure.