New system recommendation

Reaction score
Hello, New guy here and im looking to replace the cameras i currently have.
RIght now i have a 16 camera BNC type system but its ran off cat5e wire with baluns so i would like to swap to a POE system. I have a mix of other cameras too like google, nest, wyze and would like to get them all under one app and one system if possible. I would like to use poe doorbells too. so does anyone have a recommendation of what type of system i should be looking for? (links are great too) Ive read to stay away from reolink but Hikvision and Dahau are ok. I dont need anything fancy like ai or facial detection but i do need the cameras to actually see and not ghost leg. NVR just needs to display HDMI out and remote view. thanks for any and all help

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT! :wave:

Your're right to avoid Reolink cams, BUT.... they do have a terrific POE (and a Wi-Fi version) doorbell:

Several members stream via RTSP or RTMP to Blue Iris VMS on a PC, others have them connected to NVR's. They are also able to obtain ONVIF events from it.

Speaking of Blue Iris, there's hardly a cam or NVR out there that won't stream to Blue Iris.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, New guy here and im looking to replace the cameras i currently have.
RIght now i have a 16 camera BNC type system but its ran off cat5e wire with baluns so i would like to swap to a POE system. I have a mix of other cameras too like google, nest, wyze and would like to get them all under one app and one system if possible. I would like to use poe doorbells too. so does anyone have a recommendation of what type of system i should be looking for? (links are great too) Ive read to stay away from reolink but Hikvision and Dahau are ok. I dont need anything fancy like ai or facial detection but i do need the cameras to actually see and not ghost leg. NVR just needs to display HDMI out and remote view. thanks for any and all help
See this: The Importance of Focal Length over MP in camera selection | IP Cam Talk

Study this as well: Cliff Notes