New to BI, trouble with Cam#2

ryan98270

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there

I have 2 Zmodo cameras that have been working through the Zmodo app for a few years. Recently purchased Blue Iris and wanted to migrate everything to that. I have Wyze Cams, but Ill tackle those later. These Zmodo cameras are both Zmodo ZP-IBH13-W 720P 's. The first camera came right up using the camera discovery option. The second camera I cant get past the no signal error no matter what I try. These are on the same network, but one camera does show its on a different firmware version. There is apparently no way to manually force that to update, and it says its on the most current version.

Anything simple im missing? I have tried using the cameras ip and HTTP:/ to add, using the generic onvif option. Used the zmodo option and all the different models in the sub options. Ive reset the camera, assigned a static ip and reserved the IP through the router. Ive even hardwired it to test and while the app performs flawlessly while wired, BI still has no signal. Every once in a while in the camera discovery it populates the cameras, and appears to have successful communication until I hit OK twice and get no live view.

I have also scoured these forums and found others with similar issues, but their solutions havent helped me - (changing FPS, disabling time, etc.)

Im really pretty happy with these camera's performance, I would just like to utilize my NAS as storage and BI for playback of footage when needed. I dont really care for remote access and I assume when I download the BI app thatll be something thats included. For now I just want to get the cameras up and running.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Ryan

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there

I have 2 Zmodo cameras that have been working through the Zmodo app for a few years. Recently purchased Blue Iris and wanted to migrate everything to that. I have Wyze Cams, but Ill tackle those later. These Zmodo cameras are both Zmodo ZP-IBH13-W 720P 's. The first camera came right up using the camera discovery option. The second camera I cant get past the no signal error no matter what I try. These are on the same network, but one camera does show its on a different firmware version. There is apparently no way to manually force that to update, and it says its on the most current version.

Anything simple im missing? I have tried using the cameras ip and HTTP:/ to add, using the generic onvif option. Used the zmodo option and all the different models in the sub options. Ive reset the camera, assigned a static ip and reserved the IP through the router. Ive even hardwired it to test and while the app performs flawlessly while wired, BI still has no signal. Every once in a while in the camera discovery it populates the cameras, and appears to have successful communication until I hit OK twice and get no live view.

I have also scoured these forums and found others with similar issues, but their solutions havent helped me - (changing FPS, disabling time, etc.)

Im really pretty happy with these camera's performance, I would just like to utilize my NAS as storage and BI for playback of footage when needed. I dont really care for remote access and I assume when I download the BI app thatll be something thats included. For now I just want to get the cameras up and running.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Ryan
Try disabling hardware acceleration in the video tab in the camera settings in BI.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How about a screenshot of the working camera's "camera settings" ==>> "video" tab ==>> "configuration" screen?

ryan98270

n3wb
Reaction score
Try disabling hardware acceleration in the video tab in the camera settings in BI.
Looks like it defaulted to being disabled. The working camera shows default for that option, non working shows No

ryan98270

n3wb
Reaction score
One more screenshot - After I copy the working cameras settings in the video config tab exactly, then adjust the IP to that of Cam2, BI seems to locate the camera when I hit Find/Inspect. Notice the firmware version V4.1.0.8 whereas the working Camera (same model) is on V4.1.0.10
Opening 192.168.87.13 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Failed with HTTP 12029
Opening 192.168.87.13 port 10080...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2020-05-23T14:57:22.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: Zmodo Technology Corp., Ltd.
Model: NVT of zmodo-ipc
FirmwareVersion: V4.1.0.8
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
first profile is 720p media profile
first source is 720p
requesting URI for profile 720p media profile
RTSP URI: /tcp/av0_0
Has Event services: /onvif/events_service
RelayOutputs: 0
InputConnectors: 0
Done

ryan98270

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting the non working and trying to add it again?
I have many times, each time adjusting just one option. Also tried rebooting the PC and restarting BI as Ive seen this miraculously help others

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The last screenshot indicates you have DHCP off on cam2. Try moving its IP address to one that is OUTSIDE of your router's DHCP range, but still INSIDE its subnet (e.g. only change the 13 at the end to something else like 250)

This is in case your router has assigned the 192.168.87.13 address to something else, causing a conflict.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check to make sure that both cameras do not have the same MAC address. I have recently encountered this issue with some Chinese cameras.
Also you could unplug the working camera and under it's profile, change the IP to the IP of the problem camera and see if it picks it up.

ryan98270

n3wb
Reaction score
The last screenshot indicates you have DHCP off on cam2. Try moving its IP address to one that is OUTSIDE of your router's DHCP range, but still INSIDE its subnet (e.g. only change the 13 at the end to something else like 250)

This is in case your router has assigned the 192.168.87.13 address to something else, causing a conflict.
That was a great idea! IT also reminded me I never set up a block of IPs outside the DHCP range for my dedicated devices, so thank you.

Unfortunately I still have a no signal error. BI does find the camera when I select Find/Inspect. The image/feed is also viewable via the MeShare/Zmodo APP

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe first try re-adding the camera by cloning from the working one and changing just the IP address (and name of course).

ryan98270

n3wb
Reaction score
Check to make sure that both cameras do not have the same MAC address. I have recently encountered this issue with some Chinese cameras.
Also you could unplug the working camera and under it's profile, change the IP to the IP of the problem camera and see if it picks it up.
Good idea, for some reason still not working. MACs are different. Edited the IP to the nonworking and stays on no signal. Switch back and it goes no signal for 5 seconds then the image appears.

ryan98270

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe first try re-adding the camera by cloning from the working one and changing just the IP address (and name of course).
I did try that. I feel like firmware is the problem but Im not finding a way to force an update to it. Wasn't able to find out how on Zmodo's website or forums. Ill send an email and see if they respond.

ryan98270

n3wb
Reaction score
I did try that. I feel like firmware is the problem but Im not finding a way to force an update to it. Wasn't able to find out how on Zmodo's website or forums. Ill send an email and see if they respond.
Zmodo says while they are the same model they are somehow different, stating they are both on the most up to date firmware. I still cant get this second camera working... Now im looking at alternatives cameras. I have about 8 wyze cams for inside but I dont think I want to migrate those to BI. I use many of Wyze smart devices and am pretty happy with their interface