New to forum and I P cameras

63Flane

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new here. Like 2 minutes ago. I've been reading this forum as a visitor for awhile now and decided to join. I've had my 8 camera nvr setup from Laview for a little over a year now and still have problems with it. Their tech support, although good when you can get in touch with them has yet to solve some of my problems. So I'm hoping I can get some help from the knowledgeable members here.
About me and my experience with I P cameras. I'm a senior citizen who has some technical knowledge with computers although I have never had any training other than on the job as an electrical substation electrician. All of that training was very specific to the field and did little to help me learn much outside of the workplace. I've had no training in camera setup or networking. Just what I can learn from the net, Laview tech support and user guides and manuals. I've found the manuals and user guides are generally informative but useless in addressing specific issues.
Anyway I'll be hanging around seeing what I can learn and hopefully I might even be able to contribute something.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new here. Like 2 minutes ago. I've been reading this forum as a visitor for awhile now and decided to join. I've had my 8 camera nvr setup from Laview for a little over a year now and still have problems with it. Their tech support, although good when you can get in touch with them has yet to solve some of my problems. So I'm hoping I can get some help from the knowledgeable members here.
About me and my experience with I P cameras. I'm a senior citizen who has some technical knowledge with computers although I have never had any training other than on the job as an electrical substation electrician. All of that training was very specific to the field and did little to help me learn much outside of the workplace. I've had no training in camera setup or networking. Just what I can learn from the net, Laview tech support and user guides and manuals. I've found the manuals and user guides are generally informative but useless in addressing specific issues.
Anyway I'll be hanging around seeing what I can learn and hopefully I might even be able to contribute something.
Welcome 63Flane,

Looking forward to seeing you participate.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the only way to become really competent with computers is lots and lots of practice. People who rely on formal training and memorization of procedures get lost the moment something unexpected happens, which is all the damn time with computers.

63Flane

n3wb
Reaction score
I certainly can't disagree with that. It can be very frustrating when you don't think like a programmer and try to figure out how the darn things work. It's a whole different kind of logic. Then as you learn a few things family and friends want you to teach them. And that's whole other kinda hell.

63Flane

n3wb
Reaction score
I finally got an answer from LaView to my latest e-mail. They are sending me a RMA to ship my whole system back to them for analysis. 1 of my 8 cameras won't record on motion detection. It never has. It will record, just won't trigger on motion detection. They recently had me send it to them to test and it worked for them when they tested it on the same model nvr I have. But on return to me it was no different than before. So I do have to say with this latest attempt on their part their tech support is doing everything they can. I am impressed. I'm just hoping it isn't something I've done or overlooked because I've really been a thorn in their side. But it's a $180.00 camera, it should work.