New to IP cam

Reaction score
Just joined the forum and posted my first thread in Uniview thread. But it feels like a desert in there. Where can i find help else in the forum ?

Reaction score
I feel I kinda screwed my self

I had the option to buy an imou which is a dahua I guess. But instead I opted to uniview, smart decision eh.

Glad to hear hikvision has more support. I also have a 16 channel hybrid hikvision DVR and would like to learn more about operation.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, read as much as you can. Be sure to purchase hikvision cameras to go along with your NVR. You said DVR, did you mean NVR. Anyway click on the wiki above and read as much as possible. I learned for about 3 or 4 months before i began rebuilding my system with New cameras and computer from the wiki ebay list and Bue iris software. Good luck

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, read as much as you can. Be sure to purchase Hikvision cameras to go along with your NVR. You said DVR, did you mean NVR. Anyway click on the wiki above and read as much as possible. I learned for about 3 or 4 months before i began rebuilding my system with New cameras and computer from the wiki ebay list and Bue iris software. Good luck
I originally came to the forum to solve my the Uniview kit problem but didn't find any solution, till i found the solution on my own and shared it already.

Regarding Hikvison, this is another system i currently have and operate on my own. I meant DVR, specifically "DS-7216HUHI-K2". I had it installed by a security company with a "LOT" of mistakes, to mention one example we had to change almost 1 Km of wires because of the poor quality! All cameras are analog and same brand. I am literally fighting everyday to get one or two settings right. And after reading the wiki especially the security part i knew I am screwed. I guess i will have to read a lot to secure the network as i have zero knowledge with the surveillance or network arenas.

Reaction score
Wow sorry to hear about the issues, but now you can get it taken care of. Ok most are moving to NVR or computer software. NVR because of the Power over ethernet cables that network cameras come with. Take your time learn as much as you can and it will work out in the end. There is a section on network security that may help you. Every ones system is different and we have to figure out a way to make it work for each of us. On here you will find information from different situations and some of them will help you tweak your system. I am still learning and still building my system. Check out this information for network.