New to IP camera question on remote viewing.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just purchased the DS-2CD2342WD-I-4MM and love it. I have it set up and it things work out will plan to get some more in the next little bit of time. If I want to view this remotely and not just when I'm home what seems to be the best way to do this on my laptop or phone when I'm somewhere else? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just purchased the DS-2CD2342WD-I-4MM and love it. I have it set up and it things work out will plan to get some more in the next little bit of time. If I want to view this remotely and not just when I'm home what seems to be the best way to do this on my laptop or phone when I'm somewhere else? Thanks.
cams are loaded with security vulnerabilities....setup vpn..there is a thread that tells you how..

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Before I do anymore with the VPN I need to solve the problem of viewing live with my surveillance station with my Synology NAS. I can't get it to live view. Every time I try it wants me to install a plugin and the plugin won't install. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I am getting frustrated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Before I do anymore with the VPN I need to solve the problem of viewing live with my surveillance station with my Synology NAS. I can't get it to live view. Every time I try it wants me to install a plugin and the plugin won't install. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I am getting frustrated.
What asks you? the camera or synology?
if camera, you must use Internet explorer....you need to be clear when you describe your problems.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have tried every browser I have, including IE. It is synology that is asking me as far as I know. The camera works fine in the Hikvision software and even on Firefox. I am just trying to use my NAS but I am guessing it is just not going to work. Would a PVR made for cameras or whatever you want to call it work to fix my situation?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried every browser I have, including IE. It is synology that is asking me as far as I know. The camera works fine in the Hikvision software and even on Firefox. I am just trying to use my NAS but I am guessing it is just not going to work. Would a PVR made for cameras or whatever you want to call it work to fix my situation?
it will work...dont guess..post images...