New to me hikvision system

Reaction score
I have recently bought a property with 4 Hik vision cameras and NVR with the property I have reset the admin password on NVR but do not have the camera passwords to allow me to connect them the previous owner was in a maintained contract with a company which I have no obligation to continue with and do not wish to continue with but they will not tell me the password for the cameras even if I was to pay my first month they will reconnect them remotely I have tried to do a password recovery through SADP but it times out when trying to download the XML file to send to hikvision. Is there any other way of resetting passwords.
I am no expert but I would rate myself competent and able to do my own maintaince. I have attached SADP screen shot with models of cameras and NVR.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That would be the procedure.

Not sure where it is on that model, but hopefully it has a reset button next to SD card slot under cover.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
Specs found online for the DS-2CD2T65G1-I5 and the DS-2DE4220IW-DE state SD card storage which is the likely place for the hardware reset as mentioned above.

I would unplug all 4 initially then plug in one, perform reset, give it time to be recognized and online in the NVR before plugging in cam #2, #3, etc.

Reaction score
That would be the procedure.

Not sure where it is on that model, but hopefully it has a reset button next to SD card slot under cover.
+1^^.
Specs found online for the DS-2CD2T65G1-I5 and the DS-2DE4220IW-DE state SD card storage which is the likely place for the hardware reset as mentioned above.

I would unplug all 4 initially then plug in one, perform reset, give it time to be recognized and online in the NVR before plugging in cam #2, #3, etc.
Thankyou guys shall get this done tomorrow and when the company phones me again asking if I want to take out the maintenance package I can politely tell them where they can go.

Reaction score
Haha I shall pay you in gratitude and GIFs ........ But the forum does not let me upload GIFs. Lol

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.

note: adding camera information here for reference ..
DS-2CD2T65G1-I5 and the DS-2DE4220IW-DE

1684181498041.png
1684181518007.png

updates:

The Bullet lists having a hardware reset ..
1684186055165.png

1684183989398.png

Attachments

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Quarterly I believe
They start at £200 for remote support .. Quarterly I believe

hmmm .. guess easy business for them once it is up and running ..

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Haha I shall pay you in gratitude and GIFs ........ But the forum does not let me upload GIFs. Lol
Feel free to share what you end up doing to reset the cameras, a few key pictures would be very appreciated.

Reaction score
They start at £200 for remote support .. Quarterly I believe

hmmm .. guess easy business for them once it is up and running.
Yeah that's why I want nothing to do with them could just about replace all the cameras and NVR at that price.

Feel free to share what you end up doing to reset the cameras, a few key pictures would be very appreciated.
Will do will take what photos I can but all the cameras are at height so might just be blurry photos of me falling back to earth.lol

Reaction score
Well guys resetting them has gave me access to them but having issues getting them back on the NVR. First one goes on fine but when adding the second on the status it just says connecting and will not connect but I can connect to it through web browser.
Any suggestions?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you follow the instructions above?

If you plugged them all in at same time it will IP conflict.

What is IP address subnet of LAN?

What is the IP address of the NVR

What is IP address of 1st camera?

What is IP address of 2nd camera?

How are you accessing the 2nd camera thru the web browser - by going to a web browser and typing in NVR IP and then accessing camera that way or going straight to camera IP in a web browser?

Are you plugging these into the back of the NVR or are they on another switch?

What you may have to end up doing is manually adding them to the NVR instead of letting the NVR find them. But at the same time, give it some time - some people have reported 5-10 minutes before the next camera finally shows up the first time.

Reaction score
Did you follow the instructions above?

If you plugged them all in at same time it will IP conflict.

What is IP address subnet of LAN?

What is the IP address of the NVR

What is IP address of 1st camera?

What is IP address of 2nd camera?

How are you accessing the 2nd camera thru the web browser - by going to a web browser and typing in NVR IP and then accessing camera that way or going straight to camera IP in a web browser?

Are you plugging these into the back of the NVR or are they on another switch?

What you may have to end up doing is manually adding them to the NVR instead of letting the NVR find them. But at the same time, give it some time - some people have reported 5-10 minutes before the next camera finally shows up the first time.
Thank you for your quick response I am doing them one at a time as above and accessing them through a browser with there IP address. After posting I changed the second cameras IP address and then rebooted NVR and hey presto the video feed has appeared on the second one.
The only thing is it has an external mic on it and there is no sound
Do I need to change a setting for the sound.
P.s. where do I send my subscription for this tech support to. This forum is full of amazingly helpful individuals thankyou all