New to the site

Reaction score
Good morning, everybody, I hope you all are safe healthy and as happy as can be considering what's happening in the world currently.

So a little bit of information about myself.

I'm 38 paralyzed from the neck down due to an accident in 1998 when I was 16, A Volvo hit me breaking my neck at C4/5 permanently paralyzing me from the neck down a Quadriplegicthat's in the past now.

As you can imagine I have a lot of people in and out of the property things grow legs but didn't have evidence to prove what was happening so I had a CCTV system installed for my own peace of mind.

I need help buying a new camera hence joining the website.

I hope this adequate information if anybody has any questions of questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards as regards
Neal

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
:welcome: Neal.

Welcome to the land of video surveillance lunatics. Be sure to check the WiKI, in the blue bar at the top of the page. Study, carefully on a real computer, the Cliff Notes in there. There is also a lot of other good information for sizing a system and keeping it safe on the internet, foil the "phone home" features. Read, study plan, ask questions, revise plans and test before spending money. It'll save you time, frustration and money in the end. There's tons of reviews here on cameras, and NVRs to help confuse you even more when trying to make a decision.

If you want a good, actually good, system at a reasonable price check with Andy at Empire Tech/King Security. He deals with mostly Dahua but also has some Hikvision. Additionally, IPCT sells Hikvision and Amcrest. One more is Nelly's Security, also here on IPCT. You'll find most people here use Blue Iris on a stand alone PC rather than an NVR. WiFi, Reolink and Foscam, just to name a few, are "consumer grade" equipment and, in spite of their advertised claims, poor performers especially at night.

kingsecurity2014@163.com
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: EmpireTech Andy
Andy's AliExpress store: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress
Andy's Amazon store: EmpireTech-Andy @ Amazon.com:
forum: EmpireTech Andy

Reaction score
:welcome:
Can you please provide detailed information on your current system. What is the make and model of your dvr or nvr . What type of cameras do you have? Provide as must detail as possible.
IVMS4200 NVR, 2 static IP DS-2CD2342WD-I, 2 IP PTZ DS-2DE5220I-AE
Hope this helps thanks

Reaction score
:welcome: Neal.

Welcome to the land of video surveillance lunatics. Be sure to check the WiKI, in the blue bar at the top of the page. Study, carefully on a real computer, the Cliff Notes in there. There is also a lot of other good information for sizing a system and keeping it safe on the internet, foil the "phone home" features. Read, study plan, ask questions, revise plans and test before spending money. It'll save you time, frustration and money in the end. There's tons of reviews here on cameras, and NVRs to help confuse you even more when trying to make a decision.

If you want a good, actually good, system at a reasonable price check with Andy at Empire Tech/King Security. He deals with mostly Dahua but also has some Hikvision. Additionally, IPCT sells Hikvision and Amcrest. One more is Nelly's Security, also here on IPCT. You'll find most people here use Blue Iris on a stand alone PC rather than an NVR. WiFi, Reolink and Foscam, just to name a few, are "consumer grade" equipment and, in spite of their advertised claims, poor performers especially at night.

kingsecurity2014@163.com
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: EmpireTech Andy
Andy's AliExpress store: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress
Andy's Amazon store: EmpireTech-Andy @ Amazon.com:
forum: EmpireTech Andy
Hey sebastiantombs I have a system already set up I want to change one of the cameras just need help what to buy.

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome and information sebastiantombs

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, if you read the WiKi you'll find a fairly large list of recommended cameras. Figure out which one fits your situation and get a balun to convert PoE to coax and you're goo to go.