New User - Constant Record

Merlin

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm testing Blue Iris, in the hopes it can replace my iCatcher system. Currently, I have each of my cameras taking a heartbeat image every 5seconds, and to trigger record on motion, it records 20 seconds either side of the motion.

So, I presume I want to configure Blue Iris settings to "Triggered + periodic" 00:20min. for 5seconds, and set the "Pre-trigger video buffer" to 5 seconds too?

If I do that, does the playback get split for each event? As I don't really want that, I want one timeline for each day if possible, and then I can skip up and down this timeline.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm testing Blue Iris, in the hopes it can replace my iCatcher system. Currently, I have each of my cameras taking a heartbeat image every 5seconds, and to trigger record on motion, it records 20 seconds either side of the motion.

So, I presume I want to configure Blue Iris settings to "Triggered + periodic" 00:20min. for 5seconds, and set the "Pre-trigger video buffer" to 5 seconds too?

If I do that, does the playback get split for each event? As I don't really want that, I want one timeline for each day if possible, and then I can skip up and down this timeline.

Thanks
for continuous recording use the continuous options...the triggerd+periodic serves a different function...see help file...