New Version 4.4.5.2 eating memory rapidly

Desertsweeper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did the incremental upgrade to 4.4.5.2 yesterday and this morning discovered for the first time EVER BI crashed. Digging into the Event Logs I discovered it was memory related - there was no more memory. I restarted BI and watched it eating up the memory in front of my eyes, all the way up the 16GB installed. It is eating it up at the rate of 1GB per cup of coffee. I took a look into the BI folder but only see the new update file there, previous versions absent. Anyone know how I can get the previous incremental version?

FYI My system spec:
Dedicated Win2K8 R2 Core i7-6700 box with 16GB of Ram. The OS and BI is loaded on a 256GB SSD. Recordings are to the same SSD but after 50GB Cap moved off to a 6TB WD Red drive. The only other things running on the box are a Windows DHCP Server and Windows DNS Server. No other apps, no antivirus. Windows is fully Service and Security patched to latest. There are 4 Cameras attached:
1 x HikVision 3mp
1 x HikVision 4mp
1 x Dahua 3mp
1 x Ubiquiti Mini Cam

This is recorded in the System Log just before BI bombs out:
Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: BlueIris.exe (3196) consumed 66923859968 bytes, svchost.exe (2052) consumed 58875904 bytes, and SMSvcHost.exe (1340) consumed 28102656 bytes.
Then 2 minutes later:
Application popup: Windows - Out of Virtual Memory : Your system is low on virtual memory. To ensure that Windows runs properly, increase the size of your virtual memory paging file. For more information, see Help.
Then:
Application popup: Blue Iris: BlueIris.exe - Application Error : The instruction at 0x40c70c8a referenced memory at 0x00000050. The memory could not be written.
Click on OK to terminate the program

There is a Windows Managed virtual drive on the SSD of 48GB so after BI has eaten up all the real RAM it starts using the SSD and when that finally gets consumed - game over...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a thread discussing this.. it's a memory leak in the Intel driver affected skylake processors decoding h.264... it's not a blue iris issue ...