Newb question - make my Zumimall wifi cams write to PC

BradWoody

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there! This may not be the correct forum, so I'll apologize in advance. I'll reclassify if someone tells me where. In fact, I'm so green this may not even be the right questions to ask.

I have two Zumimall ZM-WFA3P Wi-Fi battery cameras. I'm more than happy with these in terms of resolution, battery life, etc., but the software (CloudEdge) leaves a lot to be desired.

I have 2 pipedreams here:

1. Is there better Android software available which will work with the cameras? I have searched endlessly but cannot find any indication.

2. Is it possible to route the feeds from the cameras to a desktop, in addition to whatever Android software I use? This way OneDrive would immediately create a backup in the cloud in case an enterprising intruder decides to take the camera(s). I realize I could buy cloud storage from Zumimall or CloudEdge, but I'd like a little more control.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help you can provide...

Brad

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
For the most flexibility, you need cameras that will output the stream via a RTSP feed. This is effectively a live stream from the camera that you can then use a internet browser or media player (like VLC) on a computer, or some other software like TinyCam for Android, etc. to view the cameras with. The problem is that your camera does not have this RTSP feed (or any feed) available. It seems to be limited to recording on the SD card, and sending a proprietary stream to its proprietary cloud service. There are no other options available to you with this camera.

The only real option you have is to purchase another camera - something that has a RTSP feed available for use.

Please read the "IP Cam Talk Cliff Notes" as a good first start into what might work for you. IP Cam Talk Cliff Notes

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there! This may not be the correct forum, so I'll apologize in advance. I'll reclassify if someone tells me where. In fact, I'm so green this may not even be the right questions to ask.

I have two Zumimall ZM-WFA3P Wi-Fi battery cameras. I'm more than happy with these in terms of resolution, battery life, etc., but the software (CloudEdge) leaves a lot to be desired.

I have 2 pipedreams here:

1. Is there better Android software available which will work with the cameras? I have searched endlessly but cannot find any indication.

2. Is it possible to route the feeds from the cameras to a desktop, in addition to whatever Android software I use? This way OneDrive would immediately create a backup in the cloud in case an enterprising intruder decides to take the camera(s). I realize I could buy cloud storage from Zumimall or CloudEdge, but I'd like a little more control.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help you can provide...

Brad
Hi Brad,

Do you have spec's for this camera?

Can it do rtsp feed? ONVIF?

Basically there needs to be support of standards that allow 3rd party products to work with this.

1618942597391.png

BradWoody

n3wb
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I REALLY appreciate your input. Thank you so much.

I bought these 2 cameras after a frustrating search for relevant information (didn't find any). I should have known there would be a great source like a forum (like this). Anyway, now I know better.

When I get ready to make my next move, I'll post my idea here and look for suggestions on how to improve it. I'm a software developer from way back (IBM mainframes) and now I write SaaS apps for corporate clients. I'm fantasizing about having cameras feeding motion-activated video or boatloads of jpg's to a dedicated desktop where OneDrive can back it up to the cloud, and I can write my own little viewer for remote access - with all the bells and whistles the others have (or lack).

Any input from this group will always be welcomed and appreciated.

Brad

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I REALLY appreciate your input. Thank you so much.

I bought these 2 cameras after a frustrating search for relevant information (didn't find any). I should have known there would be a great source like a forum (like this). Anyway, now I know better.

When I get ready to make my next move, I'll post my idea here and look for suggestions on how to improve it. I'm a software developer from way back (IBM mainframes) and now I write SaaS apps for corporate clients. I'm fantasizing about having cameras feeding motion-activated video or boatloads of jpg's to a dedicated desktop where OneDrive can back it up to the cloud, and I can write my own little viewer for remote access - with all the bells and whistles the others have (or lack).

Any input from this group will always be welcomed and appreciated.

Brad
HI BradWoody,

As a developer you will appreciate this:

look for a product which better meets internet standards ... ( available rtsp, and ONVIF, .. )