Newbie - Chicagoland - Online System Designers?

Mariociri

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. Been lurking on your site. Wonderful group. I am a luxury home builder in the Chicago area. Have been pushing clients to consider camera systems and finally getting some takers.

Typically the pushback has been related to cost and professional installers (typically commercial) excessively up charging for equipment and over selling features when those costs are widely available and clients balk.

As our low voltage contractors are able to wire the home as needed, and most of what our clients require are plug and play devices,I would love to know if there are any consultants or system designers available to consult online for a fee and essentially design systems which we install.

(I'm not trying to take money out of any professional installers pockets, but with the availability of these systems at big box Retail stores, they aren't getting the business anyhow).

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The world of CCTV has changed now a days.

I am in the midwest and retired these days and would be happy to consult on new construction part time.

PM me.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello. Been lurking on your site. Wonderful group. I am a luxury home builder in the Chicago area. Have been pushing clients to consider camera systems and finally getting some takers.

Typically the pushback has been related to cost and professional installers (typically commercial) excessively up charging for equipment and over selling features when those costs are widely available and clients balk.

As our low voltage contractors are able to wire the home as needed, and most of what our clients require are plug and play devices,I would love to know if there are any consultants or system designers available to consult online for a fee and essentially design systems which we install.

(I'm not trying to take money out of any professional installers pockets, but with the availability of these systems at big box Retail stores, they aren't getting the business anyhow).
Welcome @Mariociri

Great to see you here .. PLEASE PLEASE include in the packages cat6 to each location which will have non moving internet connected devices