Newbie findings

brutonuk

n3wb
Reaction score
First thing i noticed is that when hovering over buttons the details pop up under the mouse icon so you cant read the info. I know i wont need that info over time but just a little observation.

After setting a camera to record at 25fps it is clearly not 25 fps - is there a way to turn on stream info on the viewed camera so that you can see the fps and data transfer etc.

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fellow newb here,.. still evaluating,.. if you click on the logs button (top-left, the one with the vertical bars),.. one of the tabs, think its cameras tab will show you the details.

brutonuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Any idea how to add an Axis Q1647? Tried allsorts of settings but get no PTZ control.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
First thing i noticed is that when hovering over buttons the details pop up under the mouse icon so you cant read the info. I know i wont need that info over time but just a little observation.

After setting a camera to record at 25fps it is clearly not 25 fps - is there a way to turn on stream info on the viewed camera so that you can see the fps and data transfer etc.
The fps must be set in the camera itself. You can see the frame rate and bitrate in the camera properties>general tab.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any idea how to add an Axis Q1647? Tried allsorts of settings but get no PTZ control.
This is because the camera is not a ptz camera. Its has a useless digital ptz function. You can digitally zoom in with blue iris as well using the mouse scroll wheel.

brutonuk

n3wb
Reaction score
I normally use seetec kayuga, Bosch BVMS and Pelco when i install on oil rigs, windfarms and submarines and dont have any problems with the Axis Q1647 which has analogue zoom.
They are also installed in my PTZ housings running full PTZ without any issues

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I normally use seetec kayuga, Bosch BVMS and Pelco when i install on oil rigs, windfarms and submarines and dont have any problems with the Axis Q1647 which has analogue zoom.
They are also installed in my PTZ housings running full PTZ without any issues
Sure, dont you think that using a EXTERNAL PTZ housing would be an important factor to mention as well as the model? Its called optical zoom not analog zoom. Something is not right with your story.
So on this project you decided to go with blue iris instead of the other enterprise solutions?

Last edited:

brutonuk

n3wb
Reaction score
no im trying the software out to see if it is suitable for low end future projects.

brutonuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Sure, dont you think that using a EXTERNAL PTZ housing would be an important factor to mention as well as the model? Its called optical zoom not analog zoom. Something is not right with your story.
So on this project you decided to go with blue iris instead of the other enterprise solutions?
not sure why mentioning its in a ptz housing makes any difference as the control comes from the camera in the same way it controls the optical zoom