Newbie from the UK - Made a big mistake

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi All,

I found myself here after googling for information about some IP-Cams I bought, and quickly realised I've made a huge mistake. I bought two wireless Riolink RLC-411-WS and a PoE Riolink RLC-410 and the picture quality even during the day is shocking in the dedicated Reolink application and Blue Iris, very blocky, loads of noise. Seems to be a problem with something called iframes and not doing onif correctly (means nothing to me)

If I've read all the advice correctly I need to return them ASAP (thankfully bought by Amazon.co.uk, so should be easy enough) and then buy three of these IPC-HDW5231R-ZE which I found really odd as they are only 2MP but you guys are the experts it seems.

Think I'll also need wall mount bracket for them as they need to go onto a brick wall. Bullets would be better but they don’t seem to-do this in a bullet.

What worries me is that is seems I can only buy these from aliexpress or I contact some guy called Andy and they ship from China, I've had a bad experience a few times before getting things from China and wanted to confirm 100% before I spend any money that I'm doing the right thing this time and goods provided are going to work and give a good image as returning to China is near impossible.

Can someone confirm I've understood correctly about buying these IPC-HDW5231R-ZE

Aliexpress.com : Buy IPC HDW5231R ZE 2MP WDR IR Eyeball Network Camera IPC HDW5231R ZE ,free DHL shipping from Reliable network camera suppliers on Empire Technology Co., Ltd

Do I buy them from Aliexpress or do I contact Andy and if so why?

Can someone confirm if shipped into the UK if there are more taxes to pay when the delivery guy knocks on the front door?

BTW – I plan to install all of these outside on a flat brick walls at about 10ft height, they are going to get hit with the full force of the northern England’s wind and rain which is about 300 days a year.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I am one of many on here who have dealt directly with Andy. He is honest, reliable, and ships very quickly. You will find many people on here who will recommend him highly, myself included.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
+10 For Andy @EMPIRETECANDY , I fear the day we loose him and he packs it all in and we are left to deal with some "Monica" (From Huisun) ! Out of the many cameras I've purchased from him and shipped to the UK only 2 have ever been hit with custom charges. You would get an email from UPS / DHL to say your item is being held until the customs charge is paid (which for me was between £8 - £20 if I remember)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
thanks guys, i am also very pleased to work with all you guys about security device, and will bring more new models with good quality and good price. I will add some cheap dahua for selling soon, some 80-100usd ones, 3mp fixed or varifocal ones.Security cams better to use stable ones, or else that only called toys and waste of money.

trucams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I too am one of many who have dealt with @EMPIRETECANDY. Hardest part was dealing with my cc company here, rather than Andy....

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,
If I've read all the advice correctly I need to return them ASAP (thankfully bought by Amazon.co.uk, so should be easy enough) and then buy three of these IPC-HDW5231R-ZE which I found really odd as they are only 2MP but you guys are the experts it seems.
Do I buy them from Aliexpress or do I contact Andy and if so why?
Hi @CrazyAsYou

Completely understand your concerns, thus why this forum is so great as we like to help each other out.

I also recommend Andy as a great person to do business with.

I would pair the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE with either of these:

Wall Mount PFB203W or the new junction box PFA130-E

Both work great.

If you plan to use conduit on the surface then get the PFA130-E.
If you can bring the cat5e wire from between the bricks ( drilling a small hole in the mortar between the bricks ) then the PFB203W wall mount is nice.