Newbie from West Virginia

Reaction score
Hi. I bought a couple of outdoor SRI Cameras. they are IP? they run off my WIFI. I have the application that I can view them. However, they aren't recording to anywhere. I don't have the recording box. Break ins are frequent and these type of boxes are taken.

So I wanted cameras that can be uploaded to the web. I have no idea where to start. I think there is a company that helps down this for so much a month. Is it something I can do myself?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome,
WiFi cams are un-reliable due to the WiFi being overwhelmed. Sricams are very poor quality cams, and have many issues. If you still can, send them back for a refund.

You want to know who did it, not just what happened, and the Sricams will struggle at best to give you a face ID.

Please read these threads.
Looking for some advice and direction!

Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Any of us here will be more than glad to help you further.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi. I bought a couple of outdoor SRI Cameras. they are IP? they run off my WIFI. I have the application that I can view them. However, they aren't recording to anywhere. I don't have the recording box. Break ins are frequent and these type of boxes are taken.

So I wanted cameras that can be uploaded to the web. I have no idea where to start. I think there is a company that helps down this for so much a month. Is it something I can do myself?
Welcome Melissa,

YOU definitely can do this yourself if you're willing to take some time to learn more about security cameras.

DO take a look at the references looney2ns posted and have fun learning.