Newbie - Motion Detection / Clip Length

Heathy65

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new to BI and have been playing with the demo over the last few days. Whilst I'm very impressed with it I'm getting confused with the parameters which I can use to limit the size/frequency of recordings triggered by motion detection.

I'm getting files covering more than one event / motion detection. For example if I take my dog for a walk for 30 mins I get a single video file which shows me leaving then it immediately jumps to me returning in the same file. In my mind this should be 2 separate recordings.

Prior to using BI I was using the motion detection within my Foscam cameras and dumping the files via FTP to a NAS. In this configuration I was able to configure the cameras so I captured a few seconds of video prior to the trigger point and then a short time after the last trigger, all in one file.

I've been trying to configure the same logic within BI and can't make it work like that. Basically I want one file for a given sequence of motion detection, so the 1st motion detection triggers a new recording then each subsequent trigger continues the same recording/file (assuming these subsequent detections occur with say 60 seconds) if there's no detection within the 60s then that file is closed.

I've set the Record / Options / "Pre-trigger video buffer frames" = 60 (this has sorted my desire to get some pre-detection video)​

When I tried the "Cut video When motion sensor is triggered" option I got far too many very short consecutive files.

I've left the "Combine or cut video each" setting as default.​

Any advice appreciated.