Newbie NAS question - Thanks in advance

GeorgiaGuy

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm running windows 8.1, BI 4.3.3.0 x64. I store cam clips successfully to "new" folder. My New folder is limited to 50G and has setting to move to "NAS_Storage" folder. NAS_Storage folder path is set as \\drobo-fs\Internal\Security_Cam_Recordings.

Log shows
MoveFile 5: C:\Blueiris\New\Porch.20160417_145115.bvr (with a yellow exclamation mark before it)

However the NAS folder shows no clips successfully arrive.
The windows login for my BI machine is an authorized login on my NAS.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
GeorgiaGuy

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running windows 8.1, BI 4.3.3.0 x64. I store cam clips successfully to "new" folder. My New folder is limited to 50G and has setting to move to "NAS_Storage" folder. NAS_Storage folder path is set as \\drobo-fs\Internal\Security_Cam_Recordings.

Log shows
MoveFile 5: C:\Blueiris\New\Porch.20160417_145115.bvr (with a yellow exclamation mark before it)

However the NAS folder shows no clips successfully arrive.
The windows login for my BI machine is an authorized login on my NAS.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
GeorgiaGuy
Are you running blue iris as a service?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, as service.
See the help file, working with clips,
Note however, that if you are running Blue Iris as a service, you may not be able to use the "LocalSystem" account if your Stored clips folder is located on a network drive; instead, you must use a named user account, and give that account rights to the network resource.

GeorgiaGuy

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you saying that the "user account" that I use in BI is the "named user account" that I must give rights to my NAS? Or that my windows login "user account" must have rights to my NAS?

GeorgiaGuy

n3wb
Reaction score
I have reviewed the thread you suggested - BI is still not transferring files to my NAS. I tried to manually copy a file from my BI computer to that NAS location and that worked fine, but BI will still not move files to my NAS. Previously, before I set up this BI NAS backup protocol, I was able to browse to my NAS and use it normally, however I don't think the login that I use (and have been using for a while) at my BI computer was the credentials it was using to previously reach my NAS. I think, with my BI computer initially, I browsed and connected to it and windows asked me if I wanted to "connect with different credentials" (or something to that effect) so I logged into the NAS (from my BI computer) with a different login than what I use to log into my BI computer, checkmarked remember my credentials, and have successfully browsed to the NAS in that manner for months.

Then, a few weeks ago I set up this BI NAS backup protocol, noticed it was not moving files successfully, I added my BI windows login "named user account" to my NAS as an authorized login. BI has not yet successfully moved a file to my NAS. I can move a file manually to my NAS but BI will not move files.

Still stumped ... what next?

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You said you reviewed it, but did you actually change the "Log On As:" credentials from the localsystem account to the user you login to your BI PC as? You should also restart the BI service once you do this.

GeorgiaGuy

n3wb
Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance, but where or how do I change the (localsystem account?) "log on as:" credentials?
The windows login of my BI machine?
On my NAS drive?
Related to the BI service itself?

I'm confused about where to what specifically - again sorry for the need to be very specific.

The windows login that I use on my BI machine is already listed as an authorized admin on my Drobo NAS.

So what should I do?

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You do it in your Windows services control panel. To get there, you should be able to:

1) Click the Start button, select Control Panel and then Administrative Tools, then Services.

OR

2) Click the Start button, and in the text box type in "services.msc" without the quotes. That should also bring up the services control panel.

Once there, locate the service entitled Blue Iris and double click it. On the tab labeled "Log On", change the "Log on as:" from Local System account to This Account and enter the correct username and password that you logon to your BI PC as. Once you say Ok, then back on the screen where all your services are listed, stop and restart the Blue Iris service to make the changes take effect.