Newbie - trying to connect LTS LTK6128W-WIFI doorbell camera to network

SDR

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to connect the LTS doorbell camera to my wifi network. I'm using the LTS mobile app for now, but get "connecting to the Wi-Fi failed" every time I try. I've followed the manual, on-line versions, but to no avail. I know there is some communication going back and forth while trying to establish a connection (e.g. the doorbell will ring periodically during the "negotiation") but in the end, it always fails to connect. I don't have the ability to initiate activation through an Ethernet connection as I would typically do with other IP cameras. Any hints on what to do or where to locate more definitive guide through this?

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm trying to connect the LTS doorbell camera to my wifi network. I'm using the LTS mobile app for now, but get "connecting to the Wi-Fi failed" every time I try. I've followed the manual, on-line versions, but to no avail. I know there is some communication going back and forth while trying to establish a connection (e.g. the doorbell will ring periodically during the "negotiation") but in the end, it always fails to connect. I don't have the ability to initiate activation through an Ethernet connection as I would typically do with other IP cameras. Any hints on what to do or where to locate more definitive guide through this?
There is a large thread about the LTS, Clare Controls, LaView, Hikvision doorbell cam here (Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR). Make sure your wireless network can do 2.4GHz. Also, if the LTS version has you using the QR code, you may want to try to manually enter the code number instead using the phone app. I have the Clare version and the QR code didn't work, so I had to use their legacy option on the phone app and finally got it to connect.

SDR

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, I'd read through the various threads, including that one. Turns out (I believe) that the issue was low voltage to the doorbell camera. Enough to activate some features, but not enough to enable "robust" wifi connection. I replaced the old doorbell transformer (that was providing only about 10 V) to a new one that could be adjusted to either 8, 16 or 24 V. Changed to 24 V and suddenly all the wifi meassages and features came to full life and everything connected as expected. Now working wonderfully.