Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So is the is a Hikvsion product then?
I think that is the brand they typically rebrand.
Any guess on cost?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The Dahuas are just too bulky and ugly. It would have to be pretty small to be wife approved.
Do these types of cameras allow for a corridor mode so you could see from the ground, (thinking packages) up I wonder?
I see it is WiFi and "replaces doorbell"...Does that mean it gets powered from the doorbell wiring or would you need batteries or way to run power or have a POE option?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The Dahuas are just too bulky and ugly. It would have to be pretty small to be wife approved.
Do these types of cameras allow for a corridor mode so you could see from the ground, (thinking packages) up I wonder?
I see it is WiFi and "replaces doorbell"...Does that mean it gets powered from the doorbell wiring or would you need batteries or way to run power or have a POE option?
yes it would be powered by doorbell wiring...you cannot have a device like that run on battery alone..

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wifi is not the best plan either. POE would be great as an option but then the hassle of getting it to the location.
It will be interesting to eventually see some video samples for this.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I receieved an email today saying they were in short supply right now. I may get one, If I do I will advise on how they are. Bad thing is the person that asked for it doesn't have a doorbell wire there any more. She said she clipped it because it hasnt worked for 20 years lol...just last week. I wonder if her transformer went out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess I'll still have to go Doorbird for POE and ONVIF.
Doorbird is way overpriced...this will work fine, even on wifi if its not your primary front door camera...for the price of a doorbird you can get this plus a low light camera....this has onboard storage as well for backup...doorbird can take their 720p 400 dollar bell that has issues (see threads) and shove it...

johnnyletrois

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Doorbird is way overpriced...this will work fine, even on wifi if its not your primary front door camera...for the price of a doorbird you can get this plus a low light camera....this has onboard storage as well for backup...doorbird can take their 720p 400 dollar bell that has issues (see threads) and shove it...
I'm in no hurry to buy and am waiting for POE and ONVIF. I meant to say that Doorbird still appears to be the only choice including those two features.

johnnyletrois

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I heard Doorbird was at CEDIA with a couple of new models. I'm interested in details when they're available.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yes it would be powered by doorbell wiring...you cannot have a device like that run on battery alone..
I thought door bells used a step down transformer to only push a very low voltage to the ringer. I don't really know all that much about electricity requirements, but how would this be enough to power a doorbell camera and \ or IR?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought door bells used a step down transformer to only push a very low voltage to the ringer. I don't really know all that much about electricity requirements, but how would this be enough to power a doorbell camera and \ or IR?
yes, it only needs 16-24v to work...most transformers can do that..or you can easily swap it...remember, most cams run on 12v as well..

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks. Isn't there a wattage minimum requirement too for cameras? Sorry I'm not the brightest with electricity but would low voltage also mean low wattage?
The Wifi thing is always a concern with reliability especially if wanting to do 24/7 recording and if it is the only camera on this area. My Wifi router is literally a few feet away from the front door in the basement directly below and has great signal strength, so I wonder if it would still be an issue.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. Isn't there a wattage minimum requirement too for cameras? Sorry I'm not the brightest with electricity but would low voltage also mean low wattage?
The Wifi thing is always a concern with reliability especially if wanting to do 24/7 recording and if it is the only camera on this area. My Wifi router is literally a few feet away from the front door in the basement directly below and has great signal strength, so I wonder if it would still be an issue.
I have a Skybell HD which connects to the 24 VAC power and the Wi-Fi connection is stable. Think of what a Smartphone can do with a small amount of power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk