Newbie-Trying to record to local HD on PC not working

philly0128

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was just introduced to This Hikvision brand couple weeks ago after having my motorcycle stolen from my driveway. so I've been reading and watching a lot of videos on this.

DS-2CD2032-I
Firmware V5.2.5 build 141201
iVMS-4200 PCNVR V1.03

I pre-allocated a 1TB drive and I'm curious on why in the NVR_DIR folder once it was created automatically has 501GB of MP4 files. Can I delete them because I tried playing them back in the software and by external and neither works.

Even when I manually try to record or when I have a schedule record the live view shows recording but I don't see the file being created. I figured it would be easy to spot since all the files shows a modified date/time. if I just did a recording at 10:30 I would expect to see a file created at that time. even the calander doesn't sure the mark to let me know someone was recorded. I've been working on this for the last 3 days. I really didn't want to have to post this question and I can't go to hikvision since I didn't buy it directly from them.

If this question has been asked and answered I'm sorry I didn't see it and i've been searching by many titles and reading through these threads to see if anything would help.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Make sure you run the pc nvr as administrator. I know that causes problems with the internet explorer based interface with downloads.

Other than that I can't really help much as I could never get the 4200 pc nvr to run on my Windows 8 system so gave up and used nas instead

philly0128

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info reeves, I was hoping to avoid spending more money lol. NAS will be my way to go if I can't get this working

philly0128

n3wb
Reaction score

Can anyone tell me where I can get the version of IVMS that will look like the image with NVR manager?. I've installed several versions of IVMS 4200 and they all look like the pic below. I watched a video showing how to go into the storage and set it up. when I install the app I don't see NVR manager. I think that's what i'm missing and the reason why I can't get my schedule recordings to record.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like you don't have the automated recording schedule activated, if you see no recording marks using the 'Playback' menu.
This is not the same as the 'manual recording' you can do via the web GUI, that's saved to the location you've specified in 'local configuration'.
I'd give you some screenshots if I was not away from home just now - maybe some others will be so kind to show how to do this.
The attached storage is populated with a large number of placeholder files and indexes after the 'format'. The camera maintains their status via the indexes, playing them directly would be pot luck, and nothing if they have never been used. The 'download' button can be used to create extracts to save or view directly.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also an NVR is a better and cheaper option than using a NAS with a lot more control.

philly0128

n3wb
Reaction score
whoslooking with a NVR can I connect IP and analog cams to 1 unit? also which version do you recommend? I've not looked into NVR's yet but I see some post where people are confused on a good 1 to get.

Thanks

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also an NVR is a better and cheaper option than using a NAS with a lot more control.
I 100% agree
The only reason I used nas was because I had a old laptop and large drive handy as when I set it up it was just to test as I didn't purchase a nvr at the same time.

I used a android box to view on the tv and never got round to getting the nvr.

It's been 2 years now and I'm looking at adding a nvr as well as a 4mp turret and one of those Huisun 2mp ptz with auto tracking.

The Huisun cameras work natively with the hikvision nvr's so it's definitely a hik nvr I'll be getting

So just pondering the best solution nvr wise for all the bandwidth

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I brought a 7832n-E2 NVR just for bandwidth with 200mbs I've not seen another NVR with more at such a low price.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I brought a 7832n-E2 NVR just for bandwidth with 200mbs I've not seen another NVR with more at such a low price.
Can I ask where you got it from and how much you paid?

Also will it support 4mp recording
The N. Version should suffice for me as I think my 2 current hiks are Chinese hacked although not 100% sure

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got it from these guys fast shipping.
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6740954396.html?orderId=67877641083122

I still can't work out why it's so cheap.
It's a Chinese model and I upgraded the firmware with the 7600 firmware and works as it should.

Yes it will support 4mp camera's
I just checked that out and it looks good
On the picture though it only shows 1 Ethernet port?
Is this correct and if so how does it work to connect more than 1 cam? Do you use a dedicated switch? As I'm assuming it doesn't give Poe