Newby from TX.

Pickel

n3wb
Reaction score
First off, I want to thank all of you for the overwhelming advice. I thought I was researching what I wanted, but after lurking on this site for a month, I don't know what I want, lol. I figure I'll be reading for the next year!

I've now decided I need to upgrade my network, install cameras (still kicking around nvr or buying pc to run blue iris), setting up vpn (I live in the country with crappy internet) and getting started on home automation. I've already told my wife we need to win the lottery!

Seriously, so many projects I don't know where to start, but I do appreciate all the solid advice found on here.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First off, I want to thank all of you for the overwhelming advice. I thought I was researching what I wanted, but after lurking on this site for a month, I don't know what I want, lol. I figure I'll be reading for the next year!

I've now decided I need to upgrade my network, install cameras (still kicking around nvr or buying pc to run blue iris), setting up vpn (I live in the country with crappy internet) and getting started on home automation. I've already told my wife we need to win the lottery!

Seriously, so many projects I don't know where to start, but I do appreciate all the solid advice found on here.
Welcome!

Indeed, lots of great projects which need attention.