Newegg sale on Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had a dozen of them. Great cameras, except for all the spider webs. Swapped them out for EXIR turrets instead. But had no issues with them otherwise.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A ripoff even at the reduced price as another $40.00 will get you a Dahua starlight fixed turret from Andylicious @EMPIRETECANDY :)
actually if you choose slow shipping the starlight fixed turrets can be had for about 100...after tax you are looking at a 15 dollar difference..

rracctv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good point. I didn't think about that. I guess I was thinking the starlights were in the $170 range. Got a link to the dahua starlights you are talking about? I have the 5321 which is probably why I thought the price was higher.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...Got a link to the dahua starlights you are talking about? I have the 5321 which is probably why I thought the price was higher.
There is only one (1) place to purchase Dauha and that is our friend Andy @EMPIRETECANDY! Visit his profile and send him a Private Message.

rracctv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There is only one (1) place to purchase Dauha and that is our friend Andy @EMPIRETECANDY! Visit his profile and send him a Private Message.
Which turret are you guys talking about? I got the 5321, but I don't need sound. Is there a cheaper option with the same sensor that provides that great night vision like the 5321?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Which turret are you guys talking about? I got the 5321, but I don't need sound. Is there a cheaper option with the same sensor that provides that great night vision like the 5321?
there is a fixed starlight turret..see the dahua section...its not rated exactly the same but the images are very close...certainly much better than these crappy bullets that will give you spider issues. They also have sd card slot.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
seems all turret support the audio now , starlight ones no audio one only HFW4231E-S or IPC-HFW4231S. But bullet.