Newest iDMSS app 4.40.000 is borken

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
@Bramboo - Smart Recording should show only IVS events on playback. Motion will show only standard Motion events.

Bramboo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@bigredfish Ok, when I choose "Normal", I see a green time line with grey markers. Looks like this is where IVS was active.
"Smart recording": a grey time line with yellow markers, again indicating IVS events.

When I move the time line to watch a specific event, sometimes it jumps to this location, sometimes it just jumps back to the original time or a random time. Weird... This should be an intuitive interface, maybe I expect too much of it.

The button on the right hand side of the fast forward button (skip button I guess?) only seems to stop the play function. It doesn't take me to the next event.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
yep, exactly the same as I mentioned for playback of motion events. Its borken still

The software has 3 primary purposes.
1- Live View
2- Playback/review
3- Alerts.

It does 1 half assed, 2 not well at all, and 3 sometimes.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dahua NVR + HDW5241H AI Cam 4.0 = 2-way talk Microphone does not work.

Previously I was using an Amcrest NVR 4116 and HDW5241H AI cam. The microphone output in iDMSS does not work when selecting the camera when you go through the NVR. So what I have to do is manually add the camera by IP as a separate device in iDMSS Plus and then the microphone 2-way talk would work. I thought this bug was because the Amcrest NVR 4116 was not compatible with Dahua's latest HDW5241 AI cam.

So I bought a brand new Dahua NVR-5432-4KS2 from Andy last week running fw ver. 3.216 build. The same problem exists on Dahua's own NVR5432-4KS2 and running iDMSS Plus 4.60.001. (8/6/2019). You cannot use the 2-way talk function if you access your camera by a single NVR IP address in iDMSS Plus. You have to manually add the IP camera device by its own separate IP address. Well, this is a big problem because for the NVR5432, it has two NIC cards. I put all the cameras on the secondary NIC ethernet interface so that it acts as a VLAN. The problem is iDMSS is not able to access the secondary NIC VLAN. So it has to go through the NVR which is on the primary NIC attached to my main home router.

So long story short, it looks like the NVR is not able to "pass-thru" microphone from the camera -> nvr -> iDMSS. But speaker-only mode works fine. I will try again with NVR 4.0 fw version but I'm having issues with version 4.0 on unrelated issues.

@EMPIRETECANDY

Please have Dahua address this problem in the iDMSS Plus app.

EDIT: I just confirmed that by upgrading the Dahua NVR to the latest v4.00, then the 2-way Mic operation will work through the NVR/iDMSS app! This is good news! That means you must upgrade your NVR to get the 2-way talk functionality for the new 4.0 AI Cams.

Last edited: