Next step in securing your home!

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I like the Honeywell products. The Lynx looks like a quality product. Will have to see how taxes come back.

Reaction score
Just be aware of the major security issues with the Lynx and any type of AIO wireless systems. You also won't be able to use any type of 3rd party module with the Lynx. If you really want to go with an AIO wireless solution the Honeywell Lyric is a better choice. It's a lot easier to place the main keypad in an area it won't get smashed right away, it has two way wireless encrypted keypads, sirens and sensors. The SiX series wireless smokes also have a feature where if one of them sound, all of them will sound at the same time.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Gonna be a hard sale with the wife. I had the choice of a TenPoint crossbow or the camera system. I built the camera system. Regardless it will need to be a project in stages hitting the main concern areas first.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Gonna be a hard sale with the wife. I had the choice of a TenPoint crossbow or the camera system. I built the camera system. Regardless it will need to be a project in stages hitting the main concern areas first.
A Vista 20p is about as cheap as you'll go for a decent alarm (assumes ebay prices). Hard wired sensors are cheaper than wireless but more work to install, but usually you can at least wire up a 2 wire smoke and a motion or glass break pretty easily. You can probably get a 20p, wireless receiver, and 6160 keypad (or 6160rf instead of the receiver) for around $150-200. Add to that your sensors and communication modules.