Night Camera

chain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been reading these are good at seeing licences plates at night IPC-B5442E-Z4E and IPC-B52IR-Z12E. I'm look for something that can see people stealing catalytic converter, most of the time they are riding on bikes or walking up to the vehicle. Would these be good for that type of usage for night? Or a different solution

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've been reading these are good at seeing licences plates at night IPC-B5442E-Z4E and IPC-B52IR-Z12E. I'm look for something that can see people stealing catalytic converter, most of the time they are riding on bikes or walking up to the vehicle. Would these be good for that type of usage for night? Or a different solution
Yes .. good in low light are the 4mp 1/1.8" sensor models. You do want to be certain you have enough pixels on target .. thus look at the dori section of the cliff notes and you also do need enough ambient light .. normally I want more than one camera for watching my driveway or the street

Do pay attention to how far away from the camera the car you want to watch will be

chain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes .. good in low light are the 4mp 1/1.8" sensor models. You do want to be certain you have enough pixels on target .. thus look at the dori section of the cliff notes and you also do need enough ambient light .. normally I want more than one camera for watching my driveway or the street

Do pay attention to how far away from the camera the car you want to watch will be
Yes I'm think of getting two camera point toward the driveway

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That may start to stretch it at night with the Z4E. The Z12E might be ok at that range but would probably struggle as well.

The key is getting enough light, visible or infrared on them.

Capturing highly reflective plates is different than capturing people at distance in dark locations.

How much light do you have and would be be willing to add external illuminator if needed?

chain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That may start to stretch it at night with the Z4E. The Z12E might be ok at that range but would probably struggle as well.

The key is getting enough light, visible or infrared on them.

Capturing highly reflective plates is different than capturing people at distance in dark locations.

How much light do you have and would be be willing to add external illuminator if needed?
Yes I'll add additional infrared lighting, getting a few of these Univivi IR Illuminator 90 Degree Wide Angle 850nm 8-LEDs Infrared Light for Security Cameras with Power Adapter,IP67 Waterproof Currently light is ok