Night image on 2432

dgold21

n3wb
Reaction score
I mounted a 2432 (2.8mm) yesterday and I don't feel that the night image is very good, I certainly wouldn't be able to get a good facial recognition from someone coming up to the back patio door:

It's very noisy, and I also noticed that it didn't trip the motion sensor when my cat walked past through the night as it did when I had the camera sitting on the table for the previous few nights. It is pitch black on this patio at night, but I think that I should be able to do better. It is about 8 ft off the ground now. Settings have WDR off, and noise reduction at 100%. This pic was at 720P, when I was messing with settings last night, it seemed that 2 or 3mp made it even noisier.

Any advice? Or did I choose the wrong tool for the job in this case?

Attachments

dgold21

n3wb
Reaction score
I used PoE for the cam connection, can these external IR's piggyback off of that power somehow?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I used PoE for the cam connection, can these external IR's piggyback off of that power somehow?
No, Do you have a light fixture out there? Put an led bulb in there and use a coordinate based timer like this..problem solved. Also try disabling smart ir if its on. This model has weak IR. 3mp cameras need more light than 1.3 and 2mp cams.
http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Econoswitch-RPLS740B-Programmable-Switch/dp/B004AP92N2/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441574584&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=honeywell+gsp+timer

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

dgold21

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the patio lights (LED recessed lights) on HA with my Vera and could do that, except for the fact that it would also illuminate my bedroom through the glass-paned door off to the side (underneath the camera). If the problem is only solved by getting more light into the area, I should be able to come up with a solution for that, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something else I was missing as far as tweaking the cam settings to improve the image. Thanks!