Night Vision Camera suggestion that might be better than the LaView cameras?

KarlW

n3wb
Reaction score
Are there any POE cameras out there that might pickup better night vision. For vehicle license plate captures at night time. Would be slow moving vehicles. I currently have the following:
2.1MP
LV-PB912F4C

4MP
LV-PB3140WC

Just wondering if there are some others that might pickup plates a little better at night without breaking the wallet. I know they have very special cameras that cost $400+. Looking for a more affordable solution.

I have heard Dauha makes some good cameras, just not sure which might work better than what I have.

Thanks for any input!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome @KarlW

I would expect there to be a number of cameras which will do better than those in low light conditions.

Do check the cliff notes out, as well as the LPR section.

If you are using a LaView / Hikvision OEM NVR then consider a Hikvision OEM darkfighter or one of the IPCT branded cameras. ( see the section here for cameras )

If you are using Blue Iris or another VMS which can mix OEMs of cameras, then also consider the Dahua OEM 2MP starlight models.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Got a sample pic?
What distance? Angle from camera to capture point? Ambient light?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@KarlW, if you haven’t already seen it, there’s a dedicated LPR sub-forum on here with a lot of good info in it.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely check the LPR sub-forum... usually one of the camera settings for successful LPR is to significantly increase the shutter speed, which makes just about everything else in the image too dark to see. I would not expect the truck itself to be so visible at night.

Last edited: