Night vision issue

hub223

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I've got two swann pro 735 cameras a couple of months ago.

For the first couple of weeks the night vision was crystal clear, then it started to distort and got really fuzzy. I took the cameras and leads back but kept the HHD and got them replaced.

With the replacement ones, the night vision was fine for about 1 week and then the distortion came back and parts got really dark as well.

Any ideas what this might be?

These arent wireless or anything.

the first picture is what it used to be like when first getting the camera's, the 2nd one is what it became like. Dont have any pic/videos from the replacement cameras, but think of the 2nd pic but darker as well......using the default setting on both.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, crystal clear, its only the night vision thats the issue, everything else is fine.
That is very strange...if you can, simply return the system...there are much better options out there than 700tvl analog..

hub223

n3wb
Reaction score
These are my first cctv camera's, I really didnt think that I would never need this type of thing, but nevermind. Would you recommend any?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
These are my first cctv camera's, I really didnt think that I would never need this type of thing, but nevermind. Would you recommend any?
Yes, how many cameras in total? What are you using them for? and most importantly, what is your budget? Are you in the US?
The cameras and system you have are analog and provide very poor quality - even when working as expected.

hub223

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, how many cameras in total? What are you using them for? and most importantly, what is your budget? Are you in the US?
The cameras and system you have are analog and provide very poor quality - even when working as expected.

At the moment I have two camera's and they are covering a car park. Cars were getting damaged etc. I live in Scotland, I would say my budget would be about $500.

One more thing is that the two camera's that I have got up at the moment cross each other, so the right camera points to the left of the car park and the left camera points to the right, would the cause the problem in the 2nd picture? For the first picture, I cant remember if I had both cameras up or just one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
At the moment I have two camera's and they are covering a car park. Cars were getting damaged etc. I live in Scotland, I would say my budget would be about $500.

One more thing is that the two camera's that I have got up at the moment cross each other, so the right camera points to the left of the car park and the left camera points to the right, would the cause the problem in the 2nd picture? For the first picture, I cant remember if I had both cameras up or just one.
That can be the problem...
For 500 dollars you can get some great cameras...read the threads here on hikvision and dahua IP cameras...you will get much better images..
Consider this camera http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/GgvqDLS
It has a built in SD card recording and can be powered over ethernet. The image will be orders of magnitude better than your camera. Get the 4mm version.

Reaction score
Hi, Sir

1) is there any white wall on left or right side of the position you installed?
2) Please also check camera case cover on top, because if your camera is bullet outdoor type, some of top cover case would be hided some IR infrared to make the bigger noise for image. you need to put the top cover case put insde( press back the top case)
3) there also another possibility would be, the power you are using, is it 12V 1A , how many pcs leds in your camera?

Jade
CCTVMAN