Night Vision Issues

Reaction score
I have an older NightOwl system, and had a mixture of nightowl cams, and Zosi cams. Yes cheap, but they do the job. Over time, the night vision has almost depleted. All cameras I try, I can barely see anything. From outside, I can see the IR lights. They all run to a dvr via bnc and power. Can the DVR itself not be powering them correctly? Any help is appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have an older NightOwl system, and had a mixture of nightowl cams, and Zosi cams. Yes cheap, but they do the job. Over time, the night vision has almost depleted. All cameras I try, I can barely see anything. From outside, I can see the IR lights. They all run to a dvr via bnc and power. Can the DVR itself not be powering them correctly? Any help is appreciated.
you will have to post images of what you see. If its just getting darker over time, the ir light is likely dying. you can test by supplementing the ir and see if it helps.

Reaction score
Ill post pics tonight. But it's all 4 cams. I even switched around the channels and ports on back. Day vision looks great.