Nightvision blindspots from other IP cameras

daweyo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello wonderful helpers of the world! I am a ripe newbie getting into the world or camera surveillance. Thanks to NetworkCameraCritic, I was able to get a functioning 16 camera Hikivision 2032 system working outdoors! I am using the iVMS-4200 as I don't have a zillion dollars and it works good enough for the time being.

My problem is, when I did my original plan of setting cameras up around the perimeter, I had them facing each other to hit those dead spots right at the camera (I am using a lot of the 12mm variants)

Woe is me when I started viewing the nighttime footage and seeing terrible "sun spots" making some camera views almost unviewable at night! Unfortunately, I have already gone through 3000' of CAT 6 cable and all that conduit, line pulling, connector crimping hoopla and I certainly don't want to do it all over again.

Are there any suggestions on how to reduce the glare or am I toast? I am assuming toast.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello wonderful helpers of the world! I am a ripe newbie getting into the world or camera surveillance. Thanks to NetworkCameraCritic, I was able to get a functioning 16 camera Hikivision 2032 system working outdoors! I am using the iVMS-4200 as I don't have a zillion dollars and it works good enough for the time being.

My problem is, when I did my original plan of setting cameras up around the perimeter, I had them facing each other to hit those dead spots right at the camera (I am using a lot of the 12mm variants)

Woe is me when I started viewing the nighttime footage and seeing terrible "sun spots" making some camera views almost unviewable at night! Unfortunately, I have already gone through 3000' of CAT 6 cable and all that conduit, line pulling, connector crimping hoopla and I certainly don't want to do it all over again.

Are there any suggestions on how to reduce the glare or am I toast? I am assuming toast.
Welcome to the forum. You can try the smart ir option and see of that helps. You may also try disabling the ir only on some of the cams
see post 4 http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?1876-Possible-to-Disable-Built-In-IR-on-Hikvision-DS-2CD2032-I-3MP&highlight=disable
This wlll allow the camera to still see ir lights from others but not use its own.

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If strategically turning off the IR on some cameras does not produce acceptable results, another approach might be to purchase some IR illuminators to cover the areas of interest with IR light. This way you may be able to turn the IR off on all your cams. Its some extra expense, but the results might be impressive.