no access after firmware upgrade (DS-2CD2132F-IWS to 5.3.0 build 20150814)

ong

n3wb
Reaction score
:sad:Hi,

I have a DS-2CD2132F-IWS connected by LAN wirh POE.
Address is 192.168.2.46 with port set to 8113 - this was before the "upgrade"
I downloaded http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2xx2/V5.3.0 build 150814(new)/&file=IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.3.0_150814.zip went to the configuration->system->maintenance and "Remote Upgrade". I did choose the .ZIP file (which might be a mistake already - but I was sure, the camera would tell me if this file is not suitable).
The upgrade process was seemingly running fine ... and then: nothing.

I tried to access the webfront end 192.168.2.46:8113 - nothing. I tried to ping, I tried a portscan on this IP address (0...65000) - nothing.

I took the camera from the network,started up ma laptop, set LAN to 192.0.0.128. Tried to access the camera (of course in a different POE switch) on 192.0.0.64 - nothing. Ping/LAN scan did show now results either.

I purchased the camera from AliExpress some time ago. I also read amout some country restrictions Hikvision might habe introduced.

Anyway: Can someone help me please?
The camera is about 5 meter high and not easily accessible to me (I need help from people with a long ladder who are not afraid of heights). So the only options I think I have right now is using the cable to get it working again.

Olaf

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
To check if there is still activity in the camera, suggestion to try:
First and easiest - with the camera powered as normal and connected to the LAN - use SADP to try to find the camera at a default IP address. If you don't have SADP - latest download here: http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/tools_82.html
If it finds it - you can see the HTTP port, and put the IP address back where it belongs.

If no show in SADP -
Set the PC IP address to 192.0.0.128
At a command prompt, use 'ping -t 192.0.0.64'
Power cycle the camera and watch for ping responses.
Normal would be 2 or 3 a second or 2 after power on, with none repeating.
If so - a tftp updater recovery will be needed.
Hikvision-specific tftp server and instructions within the first link here: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English
Unlikely - but I think possible, as the default IP address was changed, is to repeat with PC=192.168.1.128 looking for 192.168.1.64

Good luck!

ong

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

thank you very much for the hints.
I tried, forgot the ping, went up in the attic again, tried ping. I also tried tftp from hikvision. I also tried to set the laptop to 192.168.2.128 as well as 192.0.0.128 - nothing at all.
The switch shows POE and network on the connection, but absolutely no reaction.

I guess I need to try to press the reset buton for 15 seconds ( http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=b1clul5umcnl1hfbsalffjukd2&topic=5170.msg28283#msg28283 ) - but to do this I have to get a tiler to remove the camera from it's position. I ordered a new one and will try the reset button-option, once the new one has arrived from China.

Olaf

marrynes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello friends,
and I'm new here and I have a similar problem. I have a camera DS-2CD2232-
I5 and I had the same problem as most people here --- I need to upload the original firmware back to 5.2.1 Chinese version of the camera. The camera does not work now. I have read many links on this forum and followed all the advice. I uploaded a "downgrade firmware 5.3.0". TFTP server wrote "Update is complete." I thought everything would be fine, but it was not. Followed by a camera reset. After restarting the camera is still unavailable. Can you please help me why I can not get back the original firmware into the camera?

Settings that I used:
PC: 192.0.0.128

After the upgrade, the camera got IP 192.168.1.64, but after the restart camera was not ping function.

very much thanks to everyone for help.

Marrynes

marrynes

n3wb
Reaction score
problem solved. I recorded back the original 5.2.5. firmware. Camera finally working again ... Is there any functional 5.3.0. for the Chinese version? I have a problem in IVMS when I want to add a camera, my voice HCNetSDK.dll [152] Do you know where is the problem?
thanks in advance
Marrynes

milka

n3wb
Reaction score
How'd you go, ong?

I've just done much the same thing with a Chinese DS-2CD2132F-IWS that I tried the US 5.3 firmware on. Stupid thing to do, in hindsight. Was trying to get NAS connectivity going and thought the newer firmware might have addressed issues.

Status indicator went all the way to 99%, now it's disappeared from my network. Router isn't showing anything in the client list, will try SADP tonight followed by TFTP. This is reminding me of how much fun it was flashing roms onto phones back in the early XDA-dev days. :)

Oh, and first post. Hi all! Great community here.