No alerts and broken

Reaction score
I recently purchased a new camera system and a friend recommended Blueiris so I gave it a shot. Turns out I love the software and really want it to work. Here is my problem …

Approximately 2 months ago I purchased the BlueIris software and 4 new Lorex cameras. The install was easy and after a few quick clicks the system was up and running. However last week I noticed I was no longer receiving text alerts. I figured the system just needed a reboot and all would be fine. After the reboot things started going downhill to the point that I could no longer use BlueIris. The CPU usage jumped up to 70 – 80 % and would lock up or crash and all 4 cameras would just drop and reconnect every few minutes. I attempted to fix the issue and ultimately deleted the BlueIris software and reinstalled it. This fixed the CPU usage issue and the cameras dropping but now I have new issues. The main issue is the alerts and motion detection. On camera 1, everything works just fine with no issues. Cameras 2, 3 and 4 connect and show the live view. Cameras 2, 3 and 4 only send alerts and detect motion (most of the time) during the day time and none at night. I have checked all of the setting under each camera and they are all the same and appear to be correct. I have uninstalled the cameras and set them up one at a time to ensure one camera was not causing some crazy issue with the same outcome. I have reinstalled, formatted and reset everything and still have the same issues. Im sure its something I have done or have not done. I really don’t understand why the first two months went flawlessly and now it all went to poo ….. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Info that may help…………

Reinstalled, formatted and reset everything several times

The system has no lag unless BlueIris is turned on

Checked all cameras and wires for damage an nothing

The stop light shows green

The system log can’t be viewed; when I click on it I get the This file could not be found

Camera 1 LOREX 4MP High Definition IP Camera with Color Night Vision (Dome)
Cameras 2, 3 and 4 LOREX 4K Ultra HD Resolution 8MP Outdoor IP Camera, 130ft Night Vision, HEVC

Blueiris version 4.6.4.9

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Likely improperly set profiles... high CPU earlier was likely a memory leak due to a bad Intel driver..

Reaction score
Thank you Fenderman for your response. I took the time to read over a post you responded to about profile setup and I believe (well hope) I understand the purpose of blue iris profiles. Please correct me if I am wrong. Profiles set up various actions to be taken depending on the desired outcome or environment for a specific day or time. I currently have them set to default and have made no changes due to the desire of all of the cameras working at the same time with the same set of rules. Would you suggest activating the profiles for each camera and not use the default settings ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Fenderman for your response. I took the time to read over a post you responded to about profile setup and I believe (well hope) I understand the purpose of blue iris profiles. Please correct me if I am wrong. Profiles set up various actions to be taken depending on the desired outcome or environment for a specific day or time. I currently have them set to default and have made no changes due to the desire of all of the cameras working at the same time with the same set of rules. Would you suggest activating the profiles for each camera and not use the default settings ?
if you are not using profiles something else is going on...you will have to post images of all your settings.