No Audio DCS-2530L

Reaction score
When connecting my D-Link DCS-2530L to Blue Iris using either http or rtsp the camera will not relay audio. Viewing this stream in VLC player or through the build-in app clearly shows that the camera is able to transmit audio.
Anyone else run into this issue and have a solution? I tried running through all the premade D-Link option in video settings, but to no avail.
I also tried to search and see if the D-Link forums had any insight into the location of the audio (video is located at /live2.sdp).

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

Reaction score
Did you enable audio in bi?
Yes. I currently have 2 other D-Link cameras running through bi; DCS-5222LB and DCS-5020L. Both of those camera's have audio and I can hear them coming through bi just fine. However the DCS-2530L only makes a short and quick sound right after adding it and then it goes completely silent no matter how many times I alter settings or restart the camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. I currently have 2 other D-Link cameras running through bi; DCS-5222LB and DCS-5020L. Both of those camera's have audio and I can hear them coming through bi just fine. However the DCS-2530L only makes a short and quick sound right after adding it and then it goes completely silent no matter how many times I alter settings or restart the camera.
email support

Krufec

n3wb
Reaction score
Did this issue get resolved? I have three DCS-2530l cameras and haven't been able to resolve the audio issue. I have tried multiple audio formats without a resolution. The only thing that I hear is a loud background noise (constant loud sound and some clicking sounds) and the noise from the room is extremely distorted. I think it may be the fact that the camera supports 128kbps G711 and AAC audio formats and Blue Iris has only 64kbps G711 option and no AAC.

BTW, video works fine.

SandmanXX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone looking at this problem? Is it possible BI folks could ad this to working cameras, and get the audio worked out?
I ask as I just picked one of these up nd would like it to work as well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone looking at this problem? Is it possible BI folks could ad this to working cameras, and get the audio worked out?
I ask as I just picked one of these up nd would like it to work as well.
you would have to email support...

Dr Ian

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you ever get the audio fixed, i have a dcs-2670l with similar audio problems and again it’s aac the cam puts out

Dr Ian

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok solved my problem by trial and error. Gain% is what I needed to change

Dr Ian

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ended up doing a clean install of both blue iris and camera and it worked first time after that

Reaction score
Clean install did not work for me.
Contacted BI support last year, but they could not help without remotely accessing my cameras.
I don't want to share my IP, username and password with support technician at BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Clean install did not work for me.
Contacted BI support last year, but they could not help without remotely accessing my cameras.
I don't want to share my IP, username and password with support technician at BI.
You do understand that your IP address changes all the time, and that you should not be port forwarding the camera anyways so how would they have access to it? There is no support technician at blueiris... There is one person who writes the software and provides the actual support...

Reaction score
You do understand that your IP address changes all the time, and that you should not be port forwarding the camera anyways so how would they have access to it? There is no support technician at blueiris... There is one person who writes the software and provides the actual support...
Not sure why you have all of those questions.
Some one with name Jennifer was replying to my emails sent to support@blueirissoftware.com. It must be John"s family member or outsourced tech support , assuming.

Print screen of my conversation with BI below:

upload_2018-9-23_16-14-4.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure why you have all of those questions.
Some one with name Jennifer was replying to my emails sent to support@blueirissoftware.com. It must be John"s family member or outsourced tech support , assuming.

Print screen of my conversation with BI below:

View attachment 33504
Yes, she is basically a secretary...The developers name is Ken.
I have these questions because you are super paranoid for no reason. To allow them to access the camera you would need to port forward the camera temporarily. You NEVER want to or need to port forward it at a later date. They already have your ip address any time you download and update or visit their website - and so does every other website you visit. Or you can keep wearing your tinfoil hat and complain about the issue. Surely you dont expect him to go out and buy the outdated camera to get it working for you?

Reaction score
BI support proposed to use DCS-4602/3,4703 from drop down list of supported D-Link models, but it did not solve the issue.

Reaction score
BI updated something on their end and after adjusting some settings in "Camera properties->Video -> Configure->" it works the way it should.

upload_2018-10-2_21-33-53.png

rein.joyce

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having similar issues - we have been using the D-Link DCS-5222L HD Pan & Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with the d-link app. The video/audio works fine on the iPad, but for some reason the audio on the iphone app cuts out right after we start it. Any ideas for troubleshooting the issue? Additionally, we have everything (the camera/ipad/iphone) wired via ethernet cable. I have no idea why it would work on one device but not the other, and don't think it's because we're avoiding wifi. I tried contacting d-link support, and the only thing the recommended was reconfigure/reinstall, but wouldn't help beyond that unless we paid. Thanks in advance!!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.