No Audio when using Foscam FI9821E

kainis2k

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the following Foscam camera that I've been trying to get to work with Blue Iris: FOSCAM FI9821E (Wired POE 720p H.264)
I was able to quickly and successfully setup the camera's Video and PTZ function based off of settings that were auto detected when I added the camera to Blue Iris. I am not however able to get audio to work consistently.
When I initially setup the camera in the basement right at the PoE switch to test its functionality, I was able to get audio to work during that one session. I was able to hear what the individual was saying at the camera downstairs. When I moved the Camera and the IP address changed, I had to delete the camera and re-add it to the software. When I added the Camera this next time, I was no longer able to get audio to work - at all. I have since been unsuccessful in getting the audio to passthrough live or during recorded clips.

I called Foscam and they said this is not a Camera issue but an issue with Blue Iris not working properly.

If I open the camera using the Web Interface, the audio works fine without any issues - I just can't get this to pass through into Blue Iris.

Here are my Camera auto detected Video Settings:

Here are my Camera's auto detected Audio Settings:

I'm also using Blue Iris Release 3.66.00 as a paid license.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
With these cams there can be several ways to pull the stream...have you check that the ports are correct? the http and rtsp?
Have you tried using some of the other foscams from the drop down to see if the audio works with those?

kainis2k

n3wb
Reaction score
With these cams there can be several ways to pull the stream...have you check that the ports are correct? the http and rtsp?
Have you tried using some of the other foscams from the drop down to see if the audio works with those?
The ports are correct. Double & Triple checked them. I've tried any / all foscam devices listed and they result in "No Signal" messages. I'm not sure now why the screenshot in the OP shows port 554 for the Media Port - Maybe because I was playing around with the different camera drop downs to select from last week. 888 is the correct port and it is what I have configured for Blue Iris as well:

Here are the corresponding settings from the Camera's UI:

Device Information:

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure whats wrong...i would email support and ask...also make sure you have the latest firmware for that camera..

kainis2k

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure whats wrong...i would email support and ask...also make sure you have the latest firmware for that camera..
I have reached out to Foscam support via telephone and also to blue Iris Support via email but Foscam is pointing the finger at Blue Iris and Blue Iris is giving me the cold shoulder. So, other than this Forum, I'm out of luck.
Blue Iris Support responded to my email 2 weeks ago offering to remote in and help via teamviewer but I haven't heard from them since I emailed them back last week trying to setup a session. I don't know how software developers can get away with selling $60 licenses and not have a support phone number setup at the very least. My next step is to try and return the software if I can't get this setup working and look for another suite to manage my IP Cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have reached out to Foscam support via telephone and also to blue Iris Support via email but Foscam is pointing the finger at Blue Iris and Blue Iris is giving me the cold shoulder. So, other than this Forum, I'm out of luck.
Blue Iris Support responded to my email 2 weeks ago offering to remote in and help via teamviewer but I haven't heard from them since I emailed them back last week trying to setup a session. I don't know how software developers can get away with selling $60 licenses and not have a support phone number setup at the very least. My next step is to try and return the software if I can't get this setup working and look for another suite to manage my IP Cameras.
Actually, the reason why the software is only 60 dollars is because he is only a one man shop...most other software suites are 50-150 PER camera...sometimes it takes a while to get back with a response..with the release of BI4 30 days ago he has been particularly busy...heck, intuit charges 200 bux for quickbooks and after 30 days charges for support...
I would check the firmware first on the cam..there are several versions of that foscam and many many firmware revisions so it makes things more difficult. I doubt you will find any software suite as flexible as blue iris..at least in this price range...
EDIT: another thing to try is to delete the camera and add it again...this sometimes resolves there type of unexplained issues.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@kainis2k One more though...are you able to get audio out of any other camera attached to blue iris? check the main audio settings blue iris options > audio tab...Set it to "not specified" first..see if you get audio if not, try the other output options..

kainis2k

n3wb
Reaction score
@kainis2k One more though...are you able to get audio out of any other camera attached to blue iris? check the main audio settings blue iris options > audio tab...Set it to "not specified" first..see if you get audio if not, try the other output options..
Turns out this was the issue. It was manually specified to match the same audio device that windows is pointed to. Very strange that it did not output anything until I moved it to "not specified" as you mentioned to try. Must have defaulted to the default sound device and is now working properly. Thanks for all of the constructive suggestions. I suppose it is pretty impressive that he is doing all of this himself - I was just venting after trying to get this to work with no success since we got it setup back in December. BTW, there are no firmware updates for the FI9821E (PoE Version) - unfortunately. It's different than the FI9821W (Like what I have @ Home) or any others out there available for download.

Thanks again for your help and consider this issue SOLVED!