No Audio...

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Correct, everything looks perfect, but no audio (well, right now there is Audio, but when it stops working nothing is changed, all still looks good)

1639431165338.png

1639431197521.png

1639431210385.png

1639431221437.png

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
When the audio doesn't work, or just any time?

Currently I have sub streams disabled on the camera too

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is there a reason you have substream disabled? Just wondering since mine is enabled and I have sound. I'd try disabling it to see if I end up losing it, but I learned a long time ago, if it ain't broke then don't fix it... (and never ever jinx yourself by saying that something works! :p )

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
During initial config I turned it off, since I don't use sub streams. I figured the less the camera does, the better! Maybe I should turn it on LOL

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok found the problem, something is changing "Output" under "Audio" in BI settings to "headphones". I know I had it set to speakers and also tried Default and vise versa neither one helped.

This time a reinstall and Speakers or Default works, see how long it lasts.

I don't actively listen to the mic I only found it didn't work while something going on outside and I wanted to see if it'd pick it up.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess that explains why yours works in UI3

I'm all remote, only time I connect to BI console is over RDP

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I guess that explains why yours works in UI3

I'm all remote, only time I connect to BI console is over RDP
Yes it does thing is I don't know what changed the output to headphones. I know for sure I didn't do that. I don't own headphone haven't for years, I don't even know if the jack in the front/rear panel of my computer works. It should but heck I don't know for sure one way or the other!

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was questioning if an update I did yesterday? the day before? effected that change.

My computer is never shut off, reboot now and then but haven't done that in a few days. Think of nothing I did that'd change what device is hit by a "new" default for sound. And have yet to restart and pick anything but the speaker system under the desk for sound?

If I send video of some sort to another room I change the output setting for sound with it but on the taskbar not in BI!

Hard telling what happen but I do know I went over that setting yesterday or day before and found it set to "default" thought aah that's the problem changing it to speakers only to find still didn't work!

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I hear ya - kind of a mystery how it got changed then. In windows the event viewer would log device errors or warnings. I'm not saying it's worth chasing down... you can easily get pulled into the rabbit hole. If you've got it working, that's what counts I guess...

FWIW, I do a cold boot at least once a day (shut down -> pwr on)
Yea I will if it happens again, working so far so just gonna count it as a fluke and or a possible result of the update I just let rip and move on!

I tend to cold boot once a week or when I make a change I want to make sure takes. I reboot every couple days or so, I restart it then the software when I call it a day. Neither one for this issue and I probably should have. It was pretty low on my "problems to look at" list especially with that big wind we had last couple days.

We got lucky couple trees down lost a few shingles on some of the buildings, nothing like what others suffered from it.

Prayers for them and their families.

Anyway this thread, it reminded me of the no sound issue so joined in.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been having a heck of a time getting some of my "new" cams to have the audio recorded with BI when there's perfect audio when viewing live in BI. Mostly some 5442's it seems, not all and not the zooms. I have all but 1 now working (was 3 or 4 giving me grief initially) but have no idea what finally got the audio onto the recordings. I change the audio source to another one of my cams (that records it's audio) and I get the same thing - no audio in the saved file. Not the end of the world because I have multiple cams with audio in the near area but a bit perplexing why some cams are doing this.

Last edited: