No control over Lorex PTZon

lola2001

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought a system of 6 Lorex cameras. 4 stationary and 2 PTZ cameras. I was really only interested in the PTZ cameras (they all came in a package with a DVR) so I decided to hook those up first. It was pretty easy to hook up however I ran across a problem right away - the Lorex DVR system was set on a resolution that was too high for my TV or a monitor so all I saw was NOT SUPPORTED on my screen. I called - waited 2 hours (not kidding) to get information on how to change the setting on the DVR and then I could see the camera no problem. The guy told me this is a common problem (so maybe post it somewhere on your website?). Unfortunately this is when I hung up, thinking everything was ok.

After I realized that, while I could see the camera, I could not control the PTZ. I did some hunting on the internet and found this site but nothing helped me. Finally I called tech support at Lorex again, waited another 2 hours and finally got someone who did try a bunch of different settings, including resetting everything back to factory default settings...still did not work. He told me I'd have to return both cameras and they would send me replacements.

I'm just writing this post, not to ask a question but to just let everyone else know how I resolved it. I found it very hard to believe not 1 but 2 Lorex cameras were defective so I searched the the internet high and low with no joy, I did find a similar question on this site but there was unfortunately no resolution. Finally I noticed that since I had 6 cameras, I also had 6 sets of wires - 2 of them were different. A little bit thicker. Could that be the reason? YES it was! All the cables were in the box together so how was I to know I had to use certain ones? Shouldn't the tech support guy know that? Anyway, he did not and I wasted over 6 hours trying to figure this out so I just wanted to share my experience.

Have a great day everyone and if you are setting up a Lorex system, hopefully it is a little bit less frustrating now :)

Last edited by a moderator: