No HIKVision listing under DDNS screen

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Had my DS-7604NI-K1/4P for a couple of days now, and setup is progressing, slowly, but progressing. I have 2 HIKVision cams and 2 Trendnet cams, and all 4 are working.

Next step is to get the ability to view my cams remotely, that is where my problem is right now. I am trying to set my DDNS to the server offered by HIKVision. However, I only see 3 listings, DYNDns, NO-IP and Peanuthull........ What am I missing..........

thanks.

Edit: Firmware version. V3.4.98 build 171121
S/N DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P0420180107CCRRC03487630WCVU >> Can this NVR firmware be upgraded??

This is the firmware version from the US Hikvision >> Firmware:NVR - DS-76xxNI-E1(E2)P_USA_Firmware_V3.4.92_170518

Is my NVR that I purchased from NewEgg a grey market NVR??

Is it safe to use the US firmware??
My model is a K1, this US firmware says it is for the E1, they don't list a firmware for the K1.

The reason for the update is to get the HikVIsion DDNS service.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the firmware version from the US Hikvision >> Firmware:NVR - DS-76xxNI-E1(E2)P_USA_Firmware_V3.4.92_170518
Don't use that - it's for a different model.

Edit: Firmware version. V3.4.98 build 171121
S/N DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P0420180107CCRRC03487630WCVU >> Can this NVR firmware be upgraded??
That firmware is very new for that model - not yet published across all Hikvision sites.

Next step is to get the ability to view my cams remotely, that is where my problem is right now. I am trying to set my DDNS to the server offered by HIKVision. However, I only see 3 listings, DYNDns, NO-IP and Peanuthull........ What am I missing..........
What you are missing - is the learning curve, but much much safer method than the very risky port-forwarding - of setting up a VPN connection :
VPN Primer for Noobs

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.... I discovered that they discontinued their own DDNS service. I read a link from this site from a couple of years ago, to use the free DDNS service from my Asus router (learning something new). So, I setup the Asus DDNS on my router. Now I am able to type in this address into my browser on my computer or Android device and it brings up my HiKVision UI, cla******.asuscomm.com.

I still can't get my Android app on my phone to connect to my NVR from the internet.

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, got my VPN setup on my router, now I have not idea what to do next......arggggggggg....... maybe this old man should hang it up....... :(