No image on Hikvision site

Robalo

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DS-7608NI-E218P. log into the Hikvision site. Shows all my cameras that are currently plugged in. No picture on Live View. Go to camera management select the connect column for the camera I want, click on the connect link. Takes me to a logon page , again no image is shown. I can not use any of the image settings, because I have no picture. Is it because the Hikvision site sucks? My NVR shows everything. Should I dump their internet logon and go to Blue Iris? I have spent a 2 weeks on this. I also have 2 WIFI cameras DS-2CD2132F-IWS that I gave up on tooooooo many settings. When the camera is detected by my router it will disappear for no reason. Terrible lag on their site, do they have NO servers?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What hikvision site? ezviz?
You dont need to involve hikvision at all...you stream direct from your nvr...
Blue iris will give you way more functionality than the hikvision NVR..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
why are you logging into hikvisions site and not your NVR? and those wifi cameras are going to make you go insane regardless of your video recorder, its going to disapear for no reason until you destroy every microwave oven and wireless device within 300y

Robalo

n3wb
Reaction score
OKay I'm all ears. This is driving me up a wall. I have installed on my PC the application to monitor the cameras iVMS-4200, works ok with hard wired cams. Also installed SADP tool that shows Hikvision devices sometimes the DS-2CD2132F-IWS and the DS-7608NI-EI/8P...then after awhile the WI-FI unit drops. I'm a HAM and have a lot of RF around the house VHF/UHF/SSB. I will hardwire the WI-FI cameras. Set me straight on the Blue Iris. I'll download the software. My 7608 is wired to a Linksys AC5400. Just so you know I read all the manuals, talk to tech support and they seemed more confused than me. The site Hikvision keeps refer me to is http://192.168.1.15:65002/doc/page/login.asp?_1478106388770, for my 7608. Loads really, really slow, also changes that I save in TCP, WI-FI all vanish after a couple of hours, so I am fully on board to dumping their online link and the SADP tool. Thanks guys, hardwire and loading Blue Iris...please advise my next step.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
WebUI's are slow and clunky; didnt help you got one that can only do 80Mbit bandwidth; usually a warning sign its underpowered.. the players dont get hardware support usually so trying to load streams up on a browser usually kills your desktop performance.. usually use there apps for monitoring instead of WebUI; for example my Dahua Video plugin is using 90% of one of my CPU's playing a single stream; whereas my app (smartpss for dahua) uses 150% cpu and its displaying 6 videos right now.. I never load up multiple videos on my NVR through WebUI; it hurts my QC Intel i7 too much.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
WebUI's are slow and clunky;
Eh? That's a huge generalisation, and as such just not true.
I've always been impressed with the responsiveness of Hikvision's web GUI, both on camera and NVRs.
Just checked my 7816N NVR, live View screen up in 1.8sec after clicking login. That's OK by me.
so trying to load streams up on a browser usually kills your desktop performance
Not that I've noticed. Another generalisation? Just checked a 3MP Hik NVR full screen via webcomponents, virtualised under Linux (no HW support), 8% of one CPU core. While all other cores running 100% analysis on idle cycles. Perfectly responsive desktop.

Loads really, really slow, also changes that I save in TCP, WI-FI all vanish after a couple of hours,
I have a DS-7608NI-E218P. log into the Hikvision site.
If it's a LAN access you are referring to - there is something seriously amiss with the network.
If it's a WAN access - well, endless external possibilities for performance issues.

Robalo

n3wb
Reaction score
Just loaded Blue iris. Tried to add first camera, no luck. I used the IP address off the 7608..nothing. Then I tried the Connect address for Hikvision no contact. Which IP do they want? I am pulling these addresses of the Hikvision DS-7608NI-EI/8P, it's on my network. First address was 192.168.254.2 added by NVR and the remote to Hikvision http//192.168.1.15.65002 nothing just an error. Looks like BI is a bust it does not see my NVR.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just loaded Blue iris. Tried to add first camera, no luck. I used the IP address off the 7608..nothing. Then I tried the Connect address for Hikvision no contact. Which IP do they want? I am pulling these addresses of the Hikvision DS-7608NI-EI/8P, it's on my network. First address was 192.168.254.2 added by NVR and the remote to Hikvision http//192.168.1.15.65002 nothing just an error. Looks like BI is a bust it does not see my NVR.
It will not work that way since the hikvsion NVR essentially creates its own network the blue iris pc cannot see that cameras on the 254.2 subnet. If you want to stream direct from the cameras to blue iris the best way is to use a POE switch - this is the proper setup if you intend to replace the NVR with blue iris. Alternatively, you can stream from the NVR itself simply setup the NVR as a camera in blue iris then setup again for each camera by simply changing the camera number. This works, its simply a setup error on your part.

Robalo

n3wb
Reaction score
My NVR IP is 192.168.1.15 My NVR is my POE. I tried setting up NVR as a camera I get error 8000274d refused check IP address and port. If I put this IP in IE it times out.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My NVR IP is 192.168.1.15 My NVR is my POE. I tried setting up NVR as a camera I get error 8000274d refused check IP address and port. If I put this IP in IE it times out.
If it times out in IE then how do you expect blue iris to see it? How do you normally access the NVR web interface? What is the http port? what is the rtsp port?

Robalo

n3wb
Reaction score
RTSP port 10554 HTTP port 80. I put in an IP of 192.168.1.15 There was a spot for the RTSP on the add camera page, no box for the HTTP, but it showed automatically on the second page. I can see an image of the first cam that was installed. What would be different for the others? Sorry guys this really busting my ass. I appreciate the input. I'm just overwhelmed with all the input needed. Web design was easier.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
RTSP port 10554 HTTP port 80. I put in an IP of 192.168.1.15 There was a spot for the RTSP on the add camera page, no box for the HTTP, but it showed automatically on the second page. I can see an image of the first cam that was installed. What would be different for the others? Sorry guys this really busting my ass. I appreciate the input. I'm just overwhelmed with all the input needed. Web design was easier.
You need the input because the software cannot guess as to your ports. I dont see what is overwhelming to simply enter the proper rtsp port? Its really basic. Simply change the camera number option for the additional channels.

Robalo

n3wb
Reaction score
OK this is what I got. 6 cameras are up and running all hardwired, to the NVR. Setting for event are in place and all is well. The NVR gives the best access to playback and monitoring. If you have an NVR for get BI. The iVMS 4200...is redundant for computer monitoring, just to your network. The SADP tool, no useful function found. If I need to access cameras remotely away from my network. www.hik-online.com/yourpassword. Only issue I have so far is one WIFI camera that is out of range for my Linksys AC5400. I have taken an old router and reconfigured it as a access point in an out building. I hope that I can link between the access point and the camera with my laptop, to view the WIFI cameras SD card. Unless I can pull the card and view on my PC. But seems too much trouble. Will let you know how I make out. Everything is peachy with the current setup. My only recommendation....stay away from WIFI.