No link after restarting

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the DS-7600 series with the DS-2CD2042WD-I bullets. I had to swap out my UPS and decided to clean up wiring. So I shut down my NVR, disconneced the camera network cables. After bringing everything back up, two of my cameras now show no link. My model NVR has the POE Ports with and internal IP addresssing scheme of 192.168.254.###.

Any help with how I need to troubleshoot would be appreciated.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like all was OK until you unplugged/re-plugged some cables to the NVR; you have double-checked how things are re-plugged AND you've tried some 'known-good' spare cables?

If "yes" to the above and still no joy, there's a recent thread on installing, resetting, etc. here.

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok That explains it. I unplugged them without regards to location. I assumed it didn't matter. I'll try swapping. Thanks.

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was able to isolate the misfits and got 7 of 8 cams linking now. I think my 7th cam wants to be in my port 8 but that port show Red X in POE information. I can't gleam any other information. I'll search the forum.

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I'm good now. Got them all linked up. This time I labeled eveything by port! Thanks. Saved me a lot of headache from resetting to default!