"NO LINK" appears on monitor. No Live feed on Hik NVR + cam

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Managed to get a monitor and plugged into back of NVR via VGA. When I go into settings for camera, I can enter password. But after that message comes up saying "The user is locked"

A simple shutdown and restart fixed this problem !

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Apologies for the dumb question - in web GUI Live View, did you click the 'Play' button at the bottom right of the page, the leftmost of the set of icons on the bottom right? You don't get any video until you ask it to play, by default.
You can also set 'Auto start Live View' in local settings.

*edit* And an answer to my dumb question. There are no cameras in the list, none yet showing as on-line, so the Play button will give no results.
Suggestion - try setting one of them as 'Manual' instead of the default Plug&Play.
Use the IP address you know you set on that camera, specify the password, and leave port=8000, protocol=Hikvision etc.
It's looking like the NVR firmware does not support those specific cameras.

Last edited by a moderator:

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi mate ....
I should have mentioned in my previous post, after a restart, everything is working fine !
I can view all the monitor feeds in NVR GUI. :)
Thanks for your help all along ...

Suggestion - try setting one of them as 'Manual' instead of the default Plug&Play.
Use the IP address you know you set on that camera, specify the password, and leave port=8000, protocol=Hikvision etc.
It's looking like the NVR firmware does not support those specific cameras.
This is EXACTLY what I did and it worked after a restart

Now onto bigger things like camera settings, motion detection etc tomorrow.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, well done!
Curious why the Plug&Play didn't just grab the cameras by itself though.
So now we know that a 7608N with 3.3.2 firmware works OK with 2CD2335I cameras running 5.3.3 firmware. A useful snippet of info to fix in the mind.

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey, well done!
Thanks ... but I couldn't have done it without you and femderman's useful info.
Curious why the Plug&Play didn't just grab the cameras by itself though.
So now we know that a 7608N with 3.3.2 firmware works OK with 2CD2335I cameras running 5.3.3 firmware. A useful snippet of info to fix in the mind.
No idea why it didn't pick up, probably a 'glitch' ... Actually the camera had been allocated the same IP 192.0.0.64 by DHCP as was evident in one of the screenshots on last page.
And its a 7616 NI E2/8P, not 7608.

But hang on, its not over just yetttt. I'm sure I will run into more 'glitches' as I fine tune the camera settings. :)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually the camera had been allocated the same IP 192.0.0.64 by DHCP
That's the (older) camera's default IP address in the absence of DHCP. Newer cameras use 192.168.1.64 No DHCP in the normal sense on the PoE ports - but the NVR does normally do lots of configuration on the camera in Plug&Play mode including IP configuration.
Worth checking to see if you have it, as it's very useful for those times when you need to directly configure the camera, is the 'Virtual Host'.
There is an enable tickbox on, I think, in the web GUI Network Settings Advanced page, which gives a column of links on the right at the camera configuration page.
"And its a 7616 NI E2/8P, not 7608." Thanks for the correction.
And don't forget to save a copy of the device configuration in a safe place when you've got it in a state you like, via the Maintenance menu.