No Link on Hikvision

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2/16P.

I am trying to get my IP cameras from my older system (Night Owl NVR10-882) to show up. I have no LAN lights flashing on the back of the NVR when the cameras are plugged in. I connected my laptop to the NVR and none of the cameras show up in SADP. What can I do?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no LAN lights flashing on the back of the NVR when the cameras are plugged in.
As the Night Owl NVR10-882 product specs don't explicitly mention the PoE standard they support - I'd speculate that the cameras and original NVR are not 802.3af compliant.
The NVR is powered by 15V - that also suggests it's a non-standard PoE arrangement.
This thread also seems to confirm that : Night OWl NVR10-882 and third party IP Cams

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. It is very frustrating. Night OWl has got to be the worst company I have dealt with. My unit is only about 3 yrs old and it was a new model when I got it. First my power adapter took a crap and they stated they don't even sell them, and that I had to go find a compatible one my ownself. They don't even sell the NVR or IP cameras separately either. I'm going to try one more thing before I buy a POE injector.

Thanks again.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. It is very frustrating. Night OWl has got to be the worst company I have dealt with. My unit is only about 3 yrs old and it was a new model when I got it. First my power adapter took a crap and they stated they don't even sell them, and that I had to go find a compatible one my ownself. They don't even sell the NVR or IP cameras separately either. I'm going to try one more thing before I buy a POE injector.

Thanks again.
A regular PoE injector might not work. Looks like a some of their power adapters died fairly violent deaths via amazon reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/Night-Owl-Security-Network-Recorder/dp/B00V4AB004#CustomerImages

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.