No longer able to find device with new router

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had to get my router replaced due to the old one malfunctioning and now I can no longer access my camera. When I open the Dahua config tool it says the device can't be found. I've done some searching but haven't found the solution. Thoughts?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Power down everything and reboot everthing
What is the IP of your router.
What is IP of cameras ?
What is connect to the router ?
Can you access the internet ?
Do the cameras have static IP address?
Are the static IP address reserved in the router ?

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
current router -192.168.0.1
old router ( don't remember)
camera -192.168.0.20 ( I think but not positive)
Currently two cameras - Hikvison and Dahua
yes
I don't think so

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Back in July you were inquiring about a PC for Blue Iris...is that what you were viewing those 2 cams on BEFORE you got the new router?

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Back in July you were inquiring about a PC for Blue Iris...is that what you were viewing those 2 cams on BEFORE you got the new router?

No, just got a new router from the ISP. Turns out it looks like the router was the issue, I tried a old router and now I can see my device but now I'm having problems modifying the ip.

When I try to do so it says password error. I reset the password in the settings but get the same result.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, just got a new router from the ISP. Turns out it looks like the router was the issue, I tried a old router and now I can see my device but now I'm having problems modifying the ip.

When I try to do so it says password error. I reset the password in the settings but get the same result.
OK.
I'll bow out; it seems @SouthernYankee has some questions and likely will be able to assist you. :cool:

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Who is your ISP ?
What type of router name model?

Consolidated Communications, they provided me with a Netgear R6300 and with this router I never was able to see my camera. I switched to a Netgear TP Link Archer C50 and was able to see my camera again. The only problem now is trying to modify my IP.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What do mean. "Modify my IP". Which IP the local network or the internet at the routermor another IP address.

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What do mean. "Modify my IP". Which IP the local network or the internet at the routermor another IP address.

The camera's IP address was reset to the default address. In the configuration tool when attempting to connect to the camera via the IE icon, it doesn't connect.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not see how the router can change a static camera IP.
Without changing anything what is the local IP address of your router ?
What is the IP address of the PC.?
Are you using a PC / apple / nvr to connect to the cameras.
What do you think the camera IP address is now ?

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I do not see how the router can change a static camera IP.
Without changing anything what is the local IP address of your router ?
What is the IP address of the PC.?
Are you using a PC / apple / nvr to connect to the cameras.
What do you think the camera IP address is now ?
I un-installed the config tool, the ip address of the pc is 192.168.0.101, the ip of the router is 192.168.0.1, the camera is 192.168.1.108. No NVR just my pc.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will need to login to the camera and change the IP address to the correct (PC) subnet 192.168.0.xxx or change the router subnet to 192.168.1.xxx.
If you have two dauha cameras plugged in that have been reset, then they both have the same IP address. You need to unplug one of the cameras.

Can you provide a simple giagram of your network. How are the cameras connected to the PC. Do they go through a switch?

There are a number of posts on connecting to dauha cameras for the first time in the forum seachsefor them. Basically you temporarily set the IP address of the PC static to a 192.168.1.xxx then log into the camera.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera's IP address was reset to the default address. In the configuration tool when attempting to connect to the camera via the IE icon, it doesn't connect.
Make sure you only have one camera plugged into the network.
Using Configtool, at the top of the window, click on Search Settings.
Click on Other Segment Search.
Enter the range of 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.110.
Put in the default username and password.
Click ok
Now click search.
Then in the operate column, click on the pencil icon, there you can change the IP to your network range.

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You will need to login to the camera and change the IP address to the correct (PC) subnet 192.168.0.xxx or change the router subnet to 192.168.1.xxx.
If you have two dauha cameras plugged in that have been reset, then they both have the same IP address. You need to unplug one of the cameras.

Can you provide a simple giagram of your network. How are the cameras connected to the PC. Do they go through a switch?

There are a number of posts on connecting to dauha cameras for the first time in the forum seachsefor them. Basically you temporarily set the IP address of the PC static to a 192.168.1.xxx then log into the camera.
There's just one camera and it plugged into a new router (no switch). When I try to enter the address directly it goes nowhere, when I try to change the ip in the config tool it gives me an error that reads, Config result- Password error.

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Make sure you only have one camera plugged into the network.
Using Configtool, at the top of the window, click on Search Settings.
Click on Other Segment Search.
Enter the range of 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.110.
Put in the default username and password.
Click ok
Now click search.
Then in the operate column, click on the pencil icon, there you can change the IP to your network range.

I did this and now the device is not found again.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe (not positive,not tested). For what I said to work. The PC and camera can not be connected to the router.
All the cameras and PC should be connected to a switch. The switch is connected to the router. The camera traffic should be on the local network, it should not go to the router.

If you insist on using this configuration, set the router IP address to 192168.1.1. then reboot everything.

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did have a switch that I haven't opened yet so I went ahead and tried it ang got the same result.
I believe (not positive,not tested). For what I said to work. The PC and camera can not be connected to the router.
All the cameras and PC should be connected to a switch. The switch is connected to the router. The camera traffic should be on the local network, it should not go to the router.

If you insist on using this configuration, set the router IP address to 192168.1.1. then reboot everything.

Okay, so I changed the router IP to 192.168.1.1 and still can't modify the ip but at least I can connect to the Dahua screen when selecting the IE icon in the config tool. Now my problem is it isn't taking the password. I selected the "restore to default option" so I'm assuming the login and password will now be admin / admin?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I beleive if memory serves me The login and password for a dahua camera is set on he first login. You will need to do a hard reset on the camera.

Search the forum on how to do this. It does require that you open the camera up.

You are getting closer

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have opened up the camera and didn't see any reset button nor did I find any documentation as to where it may be. I used the DMSS app to scan the bar code and reset the password. I'm now able to login and view my camera but still confused as to how to modify the ip using the directions found or if I even need to modify the ip.