No new clips in viewer

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah i know....

CamGirl8888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fenderman thanks again for your time and help. I'm afraid that I will have to reinstall the program when I get the chance. Is it true that using multiple wifi extenders cuts down your bandwidth to the cameras attached that extender. Hard wiring isn't possible and I have 3 extenders so the front and back cams get get the wifi signal. A few I got away with using powerline adaptors. Wish they made outdoor powerline adaptors.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No problem..hardwiring is always possible..if you get good cable puller (the guys who install hardwire alarms and phone systems are really good at this) they can pull cable almost anywhere with little or no damage and no exposed wiring...this will allow you to use any camera you wish without issue..its a worthwhile investment..what type of extenders are you using?
Where are your outdoor cameras plugged in? just put the powerline in the same location...

CamGirl8888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have foscams and they either need ac power or I would have to buy power over ethernet cams. I have a dsl modem/wireless router all-in-one from the cable company. However the router isn't strong. I have it connected by ethernet cord to my main router. I have an extender plugged into the front of the house for the front outside cameras and an extender plugged in the back room of the house for the backyard cams. I have a powerline adaptor for the dome camera outside the garage because that really is plugged inside the garage so was able to plug one in there.

- - - Updated - - -

all netgear - the router and two extenders and also powerline adaptor all netgear

CamGirl8888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I took your advice and deleted the db folder. I first had to uncheck run as a service, reboot and then deleted it. Then it worked! I think had too many files in it. Aa far as the extenders, it may be the layout of the home - the house is built up from the ground with cement foundation, and the cameras are at the level of the cement, so I think that blocks a lot of the signal. The extenders I purchased were around $120-100 each, so not cheap ones and have a large area of reach, but outside the wifi still is not 100% on. I think the foscam antennas are not great. The best would be to have an ethernet cord fished out of the house and plugged from the camera to the extender or routers. The ac power is not an issue outside. I have been looking for outdoor powerline adaptors or extenders but no luck.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I took your advice and deleted the db folder. I first had to uncheck run as a service, reboot and then deleted it. Then it worked! I think had too many files in it. Aa far as the extenders, it may be the layout of the home - the house is built up from the ground with cement foundation, and the cameras are at the level of the cement, so I think that blocks a lot of the signal. The extenders I purchased were around $120-100 each, so not cheap ones and have a large area of reach, but outside the wifi still is not 100% on. I think the foscam antennas are not great. The best would be to have an ethernet cord fished out of the house and plugged from the camera to the extender or routers. The ac power is not an issue outside. I have been looking for outdoor powerline adaptors or extenders but no luck.
Great..you should have someone fish quality cable...im trying to understand where you have the cameras plugged in? in an exterior outlet?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes exterior outlets and then wireless connected to the extenders.
The camera power supplies are not exterior rated so they are likely not getting wet...you can mount a powerline adapter in a watertight exterior box...but instead of all that hassle and money...get some estimates on how much it would cost to run cable...this will be the ultimate solution..

CamGirl8888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't think the powerline adaptors would fit in the watertight exterior box, and they can't go on an extension cord. I have outdoor watertight boxes so the adaptor would stay dry if on an extension cord but they have to be plugged into the wall or else there are frequency issues. I think you are right, ethernet through the house the best way. I also think moving the cams a few feet from the cement walls and not so close could help.