No Picture from VTO on VTH1550CH when using live view

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there,

My VTO / VTH combination works perfectly, meaning when someone rings at the VTO, I see the piccture n the VTH, but when I use the small camera button on the VTH, I just see a black screen with a countdown of 30 seconds ... so no picture.

Do you know what it could come from ?
It was working before but did some reboot of the VTO due to other issues I had ...

Many thanks !

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi there,

My VTO / VTH combination works perfectly, meaning when someone rings at the VTO, I see the piccture n the VTH, but when I use the small camera button on the VTH, I just see a black screen with a countdown of 30 seconds ... so no picture.

Do you know what it could come from ?
It was working before but did some reboot of the VTO due to other issues I had ...

Many thanks !
Bonjour!

And what happens if you do "live view" through the idmss/gdmss app? Still showing video stream? If no: something is really off. If yes: then I suspect the resolution of your VTO changed to something un-readable for the VTH for the live view (remember, VTH does not empower FullHD imagery). I had the same issue you had when I (tried to) configure my VTO through my NVR. It said "successfully" configured, but it had dragged the VTO into FullHD resolution (which it does not support at all).

So check the video stream settings in the Webservices page of your VTO. If the problem persists, unconnect the VTO from the VTH, factory reset the VTO and re-discover the VTO on the VTH.

Good luck!
CC

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From the gDMSS app or even when someone rings at the door I have a picture.
I only do not have it when I press the small camera button on the right side of the screen to see what happens outside (so without someone is ringing at the door) ...
Would you be so king to tell me what video parameter you have on the VTO ?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine are:

(only the substream seems different).

My "minicamera" icon on my VTH does bring up the video (together with the 30 sec timer).

If it would be a networking issue, the door-ring-feature should not work, not would it show up video there.

You could try to factory reset all, but then you might go 3 steps forward and 4 steps backward :)

Good luck!
CC

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just have a doubt on my LAN config on the DNS and subnet ...
should the mask not be 255.255.255.0 and DNS 192.168.1.1 (My routeur ?) ?

What do you have ?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I have exact the same IP & gateway & dns here, subnet is better 255.255.255.0 if you only have one flat network in &92.168.1.x range.

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I changed it to 255.255.255.0 but no luck ...
It is really strange ... why is the picture appearing when going from VTO to VTH but not when calling from VTH ... ?!?

I was working in the past, then git an issue with the VTH being completely blocked (black screen but LEDS on at the back) which I unblocked using the Dahua Toolbox ... I hard resetted both VTH's, the VTO as well ... but no luck
;-(
After resetting the VTO, the video settings come back to :

WVGA, 25, 2Mbps for the Main format
CIF, 25, 256 kbps for the Extra format

pfff ...

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I would advice to follow the "best practices" script for VTO/VTH, as seen in my VTO2000A review thread:
1) factory reset VTH (config tool or on screen)
2) factory reset VTO (5 times intruder button whilst beeping like hell)
3) FIRST connect VTO to your network
4) it will have 192.168.1.10 address (or look it up through configtool). browse to your VTO, and ONLY change ip address to .110 like above
5) THEN power on VTH and connect it to your network
6) FIRST change the ip onscreen to what it is supposed to be
7) THEN let it AUTO-discover the VTO so all integration settings are put by the VTH

Hope this helps!
CC

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
point 6 I guess you mean on the VTH, change the IP of the VTH and make sure IP of the VTO is correct.

P.S. where is this review thread ?
P.S.2 : I just sent a mail to Dahua support of several countries, usually France responds ... we will see ...

P.S.3 ; I know those Dahua devices seem really sensible to the order you do the things like if they were remaining what was the config before even after an hard reset ... but I a trying to understand if there is something wrong in my current setup and how to solve it without HARD RESETTING everything ... this option will be the last one I will use ...

;-) Many thanks catcamstar !!

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Review: [Review] VTO2000A & VTH1550CH & VTNS1060A Intercom Kit

When I started (with the ancien 3.x firmware) on my testbench, I had to start over 20 or more times. And each time I changed a setting, either it did work (hooray) or it completely messed up everything. I learned that the sequencing of starting all up again, is important. Eg you CAN discover the VTO already in step 3, and you CAN change the IP of the VTO in the VTH, but you are, for 500% accuracy, heading towards a factory reset, because SOMETHING breaks in the background and you are doomed.

That 7 step procedure worked for me, and everytime I see one of the components failing (once every 6 months), I do a "maintenance" factory reset and off I go. My reasoning: it only takes me 5 minutes to run through this procedure than having to debug an undebuggable device :)

PS. point 6 is on the VTH screen indeed: you put the required address in it.

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am in the same situation as you, I think ... I also tested a lot and found a lot of things, I remember specially as well for setting UP the FTP of the pictures on my NAS for example when SO rings on the VTO.
Just one thing the factory reset on the VTO using the button at the back is a pijn in the ass because my VTO is screwed and siliconed on the wall and I can't remove it "easilly" without rebuilding everything back, so I hope the "soft" reset using the toolbox or the interface will do the job ... but I think it is not doing because most of the parameters are effectively gone, but not the IP adress if I am correct ...

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just to add information ... there is SOUND as if I click the interphone button, I can communicate with outside, so just no picture ...
Maybe a specific port or something ??

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Just to add information ... there is SOUND as if I click the interphone button, I can communicate with outside, so just no picture ...
Maybe a specific port or something ??
Your VTO & VTH are in the same subnet right? No gateway/router inbetween?

But if you ring the VTO, you did get sound AND video right?

That's using (I hope) the same ports. So my bet is that software wise something fell off the camion in the VTO.

You might try to "download" the configuration (through webservices) or query the API and browse for all the settings.

I'd try the factory reset path, and then compare the settings when the VTO does work.

It will be time consuming, but if my 5' factory default procedure does fix the issue, I'd choose that way :)

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
nothing in between.
VTO : 192.168.1.110
VTH 1 : 192.168.1.108
VTH 2 : 192.168.1.109

All connected to the Dahua switch.
Dahua switch connected to the Fritzbox.

If I ring the VTO I get picture and sound, indeed.
If I click the camera button on the VTH I only hear the VTO sound, no picture.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
And just to make sure sure: nothing else (other camera) ghosting on 192.168.1.108?

You never said you had 2 VTH's, is the same symptom coming up on both of them, or only on 1?

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nothing no ...
Yes I have 2 VTHs and bith have the same issue.

Dahua just replied to me it could be due to incorrect VTO password set on the VTH ... may I ask you to change and put an incorrect VTO password on the VTH to see what happens ?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Nothing no ...
Yes I have 2 VTHs and bith have the same issue.

Dahua just replied to me it could be due to incorrect VTO password set on the VTH ... may I ask you to change and put an incorrect VTO password on the VTH to see what happens ?
lol, that sounds .. weird to me, as ringing your VTH would also imply not working.

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PS ... IT WORKS NOW thanks to the help of Dahua support.
The issue of not having the picture on the VTH when pressing the mini camera icon on the VTH to see what happens on the VTO (but sound was present) is with the VTO password incorrectly set on the VTH.

There are 2 locations where you can set the VTO passrod on the VTH :

First is Long press settings -> configure VTO, there I see the admin and password, I can click the password field and a keyboard is appearing, but I do not have any "SAVE" or "OK" button to save the change ... after changing the password so I was not sure the new password was saved and it was not working, until I tried to click the "Authorized Status" OFF then "Authorized Status" ON and there it looks like the password change is at the end taken into account and IT WORKS, I have the picture !!!

Second, long press on settings -> Look for VTO as showned in the screenshot below I have the possibility to "change the IP address" but also the login / Password fields are editable ... there is an "OK button" but I am not sure it will take the changes into account because If I "modify IP" and enter something like "admin1111" then "OK", then go back to "Modify IP", the change I just did in the login field is not saved and is set back to "admin" ...

I asked Dahua support to confirm this and what is the purpose of having the second point if there is anyway no possibility to save and it is duplicated with point 1 ???

Anyway, IT IS SOLVED !

MV30

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently received my VTH5341G-W with the VTO2211G-WP and while trying to set it up i had some similar issues as discussed here.

The strange part is that it's the oposite for me. I can access VTO live view trough the VTH but once I try to call the VTH from the doorbell I get a black screen with the audio for a brief moment ending with the 'network abnormal video connect timeout' message.
When i'm connected to my network with my android, the intercom is working and i get the video when i pick up from my phone.

Anyone who has an idea how to solve this? I have tried factory resetting both units and setting it al up again, but no chance. VTO has been set up first with SIP servers IP matching VTO IP. Both units are wired to POE switch (later on I will try to use the VTH in wifi mode since there is no ethernet cable foreseen where i want to install it).

My next question would be how to gain access to the video on my mobile phone when connected to the internet but not my local network. When i ring the doorbell, i get the notification on my phone but i'm unable to answer the call...

Any help is welcome !
Thanks