No reset for Foscam with button, and software

Gary R.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Using the Foscam software app I can't seem to reconfigure a camera by resetting it using the button. It seems to want my old password, which doesn't work.

Also, using Blue Iris, when I click on the IP to go into the Foscam app, it's always asking for a download, and I have done it many a time. Whats with that. Better yet, point me to a better camera where I don't need to do that.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also, using Blue Iris, when I click on the IP to go into the Foscam app, it's always asking for a download, and I have done it many a time. Whats with that.
That's likely an ActiveX plug-in.
Better yet, point me to a better camera where I don't need to do that.
Either the model of your Foscam or more info on your desired camera type would help such as:
  • Indoor?
  • Outdoor?
  • POE?
  • Wireless? (not recommended)
  • SD card?
  • Audio?
  • How do you plan to view it/record ?
  • Budget?

Gary R.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh, the Foscam I was dealing with is the 9900 series. It's was outdoors, but a power outage messed it up. It's both wireless and wired, I was running it wired. I have Blue Iris, and 9 or 10 other cameras.

It should be an easy push the button and reset it, but it doesn't seem to work.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have had problems with the ActiveX programs for the web browser. Use either Internet explorer or pale moon 32. If you have multiple cameras from the same vendor, but they have different camera software versions. This may need a different plug in for each camera, so a download may be required for each camera as the download is placed in the same PC folder, overwriting pervious download version each time.

This may not be your problem.

Gary R.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for that info. I have a Mac and the camera''s are on a PC. On the PC it tells me I have to use Chrome. I think I am going to try and find camera's that don't need a plug in to run.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Only new cameras that support html5.

The problem is that newer browser do not support the camera video do to security restrictions. This includes the Mac.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Isn't there a manual reset button that you push and hold for something like 30 seconds?

Reaction score
First, you could try the Old IE browser to download and use the Plug-in.
Then for a password reset, try the hard reset button, hold it longer.
Also, if you want to manage it on your Mac, Try Foscam VMS software, no more plug-in needed.