No Signal check user/password

jessbixl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey I tried installing this onto my husbands computer and I keep getting No Signal check user/password. I have it set up on my own computer no problem. Help please?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Make sure you entered the correct user name and password, with no space at the end of each. Make sure the ipaddress and ports are correct.

jessbixl

n3wb
Reaction score
How do I know what the correct user name and password is? I don't recall ever setting that up..I'm pretty sure the ports and IP are correct.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What camera is it? every camera (aside from webcams) has a user name and password and you need to give that info to blue iris..if you never changed it its probably the default...do you remember what you entered into your husbands pc? Also make sure you selected the correct camera from the drop down menu.

jessbixl

n3wb
Reaction score
Foscam F18910W. On my laptop I use it for the same cam and it only asks for user name/password just to get into BI. Now on my husbands computer it doesn't ask for username and password this is why I'm confused! I checked I have the right camera selected and I just copied the IP from what I have set up on my laptop and then it loads saying "No signal check user/password." I'm so confused I've never had this problem before! Does it have anything to do with me running windows 8 and him windows 7?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with windows 8. In blue iris when your right click on the camera>camera properties >video tab, click configure,, on the right there is a location to enter the username password for the camera make sure that is correct. Make sure the ip address and ports are exactly the same as your pc.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure that you login to the camera first with the default username and password and change the password to something else! To login to the camera, point your browser to the IPADDRESS:pORT. Ex: 192.168.1.420:4000 The default username is admin and the default password is blank, meaning nothing (I believe).