No signal for one of my cameras (hikvision)

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
one of my cameras has gone down, it says no signal check IP address or port in the window.

Is there any option within blue iris to see what cameras are connected to my network to see if the camera is showing up albeit with a different IP address, although it's been fine for the last two years.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
one of my cameras has gone down, it says no signal check IP address or port in the window.

Is there any option within blue iris to see what cameras are connected to my network to see if the camera is showing up albeit with a different IP address, although it's been fine for the last two years.
use hikvision SADP...
try logging in via browser

Skyler

n3wb
Reaction score
use hikvision SADP...
try logging in via browser
Can anyone help? My DS 2CD2342WD is gone offline 4 days ago. It was working perfectly for the last year. From the iVMS (on my iMac) I can not tell if its online? The shop where I bought it (online) said if I had a pc it would work straight out of the box!. They suggested I send it back to see if it is the camera. Is there any way I could find out if the camera is at fault (before going to the expense of sending it back) or should I buy a laptop with Windows 10 and start all over again. Last March it took two IT people 37 hours to set it up, even though Hikvision have iVMS for Mac.

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've tried sadp but when I run it it says initiation failed then does show the page but shows zero cameras.
Typing the IP address direct in the browser does nothing.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
And you have not changed ANY of the default port settings?

One fool wasted people's time recently about loss of access to a camera before the then asked if he should maybe go back to using the default port 80 and not one he had set for 'security'......

Skyler

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone help? My DS 2CD2342WD is gone offline 4 days ago. It was working perfectly for the last year. From the iVMS (on my iMac) I can not tell if its online? The shop where I bought it (online) said if I had a pc it would work straight out of the box!. They suggested I send it back to see if it is the camera. Is there any way I could find out if the camera is at fault (before going to the expense of sending it back) or should I buy a laptop with Windows 10 and start all over again. Last March it took two IT people 37 hours to set it up, even though Hikvision have iVMS for Mac.
It seems there is no SADP for Mac. However, in the iVMS, in the device management tab, when I click on Show Online Devices, up comes a window with IP address details etc. I put that IP Address (is that the IP address of the camera??) into Safari and after a few mins it says Safari Cant Open the Page because the Server isn't responding!!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
it is likely not the camera..
Step one, fire the two it people who spent 37 hours setting up an ip camera...Really? How much did that cost you? You could of had a top of the line system installed.
Step two, check power to the camera.
Step three, scan the network for devices, there are packages that do this on mac.
Step four remove camera from wall and check via a short cable..

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I'm aware it's not a blue iris issue, I was just wondering if there was a setting or something in blue iris that would show cameras on the network. Sadp is not working correctly as it's not even showing the camera that is still up and running.
Port number is still the same, which is why I'm wanting to scan the network to show what device IP address is to see if something has changed with actual camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I'm aware it's not a blue iris issue, I was just wondering if there was a setting or something in blue iris that would show cameras on the network. Sadp is not working correctly as it's not even showing the camera that is still up and running.
Port number is still the same, which is why I'm wanting to scan the network to show what device IP address is to see if something has changed with actual camera.
no...there are a million packages that scan networks...you can use Fing on your phone (make sure its connected to the same network)...or advanced ip scanner...unlike sadp these can only find devices on the same subnet...

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've checked wired devices in my router software and it's not showing up there so think the camera must have given up the ghost. Swapped Ethernet lead to know good one and still not registering so actual camera is obviously suspect.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've checked wired devices in my router software and it's not showing up there so think the camera must have given up the ghost. Swapped Ethernet lead to know good one and still not registering so actual camera is obviously suspect.
how are you powering it?

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's powered via poe, the poe switch is fine as the working camera is also plugged in to the poe hub.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
also if the camera is getting power (you can check the ir leds) then do a hard reset and see what happens...

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah I tried swapping ports to the one the working camera is plugged in to, the red led is on camera. How is the hard reset performed? I've tried the reboot device option in blue iris iOS app.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I tried swapping ports to the one the working camera is plugged in to, the red led is on camera. How is the hard reset performed? I've tried the reboot device option in blue iris iOS app.
remover power, hold reset button THEN apply power hold for 30 seconds..

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok thanks, I'll give that a go, will have to wait for wife to get home as poe hub is in loft and camera is in one of the bedrooms, it's a hikvision dome camera, will check where the reset button is on it.

Skyler

n3wb
Reaction score
it is likely not the camera..
Step one, fire the two it people who spent 37 hours setting up an ip camera...Really? How much did that cost you? You could of had a top of the line system installed.
Step two, check power to the camera.
Step three, scan the network for devices, there are packages that do this on mac.
Step four remove camera from wall and check via a short cable..
Thank you for your list Fenderman. When you plug it in a red light comes on the face of the lens. Its plugged into a POE (yellow/green light on) and into router/modem (which also displays green light). It becomes warm after a bit so it has power. It is in the IVMS grab. Would it be something to do with the IP address (I think that may have been the problem months ago when I was taking 37 hours to set up!!). Is there any Setting up a Hikvision on a Mac for Dummies? The online shop said if I had a laptop it would work out of the box!! The thing is I dont know if the camera is broken or not!