No Signal on one camera (off-and-on), has happened to others before. Random.

picklefish

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been using BI for over a year now. When I first started one of the cameras would randomly show NO SIGNAL with no error. Then it would come back randomly and be fine (not on the same interval just randomly not working. That one eventually went away and now a different one is doing it.

When BI does the NO SIGNAL, the Hikvision iVMS-4200 Client still has full connection to the camera and can see video just fine, interact with settings and reset it. Restarting the camera through the iVMS-4200 Client doesn't help. The camera just goes in and out all day between NO SIGNAL and normal video with no rhyme or reason (on BI, works fine in iVMS).

Any advice?

Camera: Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I

Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bad switch.
Bad router.
You have ports forwarded in your router, and cams been hacked.
UPNP hasn't been turned off in your router or cams, and have been hacked.
Your using WiFi for cams, and the wifi network is overloaded.

picklefish

n3wb
Reaction score
Bad switch.
Bad router.
You have ports forwarded in your router, and cams been hacked.
UPNP hasn't been turned off in your router or cams, and have been hacked.
Your using WiFi for cams, and the wifi network is overloaded.
The only possible one is bad switch but since it works just fine on the iVMS-4200 Client I'm going to guess that's not it.
Router has been replaced in the middle with a Ubiquiti. It happened on previous router as well.
There are no ports forwarded on my router. I don't allow cameras out of network.
UPNP is off and was off on both routers. I always disable it.
Cameras are PoE.

This is definitely a software issue as it works correctly at the same time with iVMS-4200 Hikvision client. If there are some sort of logs or something I could monitor to help you fix it let me know.

Thanks.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What are the PC specs? Processor, ram, os etc. Also what is BI cpu usage?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The only possible one is bad switch but since it works just fine on the iVMS-4200 Client I'm going to guess that's not it.
Router has been replaced in the middle with a Ubiquiti. It happened on previous router as well.
There are no ports forwarded on my router. I don't allow cameras out of network.
UPNP is off and was off on both routers. I always disable it.
Cameras are PoE.

This is definitely a software issue as it works correctly at the same time with iVMS-4200 Hikvision client. If there are some sort of logs or something I could monitor to help you fix it let me know.

Thanks.
Ivms does not use rtsp...try streaming to VLC

picklefish

n3wb
Reaction score
Ivms does not use rtsp...try streaming to VLC
Ok cool so it doesn't work with VLC which means the camera is putting out some sort of bad RTSP protocol I guess. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to solve this. I'm upgrading to 5.4.5 firmware and hoping that fixes it. (I've read bad things about 5.5 on here).
Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok cool so it doesn't work with VLC which means the camera is putting out some sort of bad RTSP protocol I guess. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to solve this. I'm upgrading to 5.4.5 firmware and hoping that fixes it. (I've read bad things about 5.5 on here).
Thanks!
Disable smart codec or +...so no h.26x+ only 26x