No Sound For Web Interface dowloads on HNC344-XDLU / DS-2CD2347G1

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Appreciate any tips on this issue. so i can hear the audio fine during playback, but once its downloaded there is no audio. I found a few threads recommending to change Audio Encoding to mP2L2 which did not work at least for the old recordings that are needed at the moment.

Appreciate trying to get the audio to download. its very clear in playback just cant play it once downloaded using vlc.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The audio is decently being recorded as one can hear it clearly in playback, just not in the downloaded files.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is the clip that as set to default in the camera that im trying to get voice out of. other encoding modes from drop down have not worked either though and some had an affect on the video not playing.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the clip that as set to default in the camera that im trying to get voice out of
OK, so that does confirm that there is an audio stream defined in the clip, using MPEG encoding.
I should have also said to look at the statistics, which would show what's being done with it.

Do you by any chance have a short harmless clip you could share, to check out?

Reactions: NVR

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Appreciate your help I uploaded a clip to google drive. these are with original settings with audio encoding as the default G722.1, I can try them all with you and send samples of each.

I will try searching for another player and test that.

Last edited:

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
lol, so after I uploaded it, it actually loaded the video not link and it does play sound on google, so its a player issue.